Posted: Mar 11th 2012 7:39PM edgecrusherO0 said

I would be surprised if this game lasted a year from what I've played/seen/read. It's another generic low budget MMO sadly : /

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 8:51PM (Unverified) said

@edgecrusherO0
On the one hand, I can see Frogster trying to build a real brand across all their operational interests. On the other, having this sitting in their product catalog between Runes of Magic and TERA, I wonder not only about the timing of this launch but the value of the property. When you already have one well established generic Fantasy MMO and have a large European launch of another Fantasy MMO to manage, is it really the most opportune time to start plugging another Fantasy MMO?

Oh, I guess they also have some involvement in two or three other Fantasy MMO properties besides. At what point are they cutting into their own profitability by trying to capture as much market share as possible?

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 10:52AM Fabius Bile said

@(Unverified)
I wouldnt worry about the profitability of that title.

thats what all F2P publishers do, get some low budget generic asian crappy MMO license for 99 cents, tack an eye gouging cash shop on it, release it with the bare minimum of support and ride the cash shop items until the population drops waaaaay below viable.

close the game.
find another slightly newer asian crap that costs 99 cents.
rinse.
repeat.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 8:01PM nhat said

You can't even customize your character! lol. Really sad. With Aion going F2P whats the point of this game?

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 8:33PM Plastic said

I did enjoy the artistic-style, but unfortunately, Eligium is possibly the worst the F2P MMO I've ever played...and I've played many.

Unless they are planning some serious reworking of fundamental game mechanics, they might as well just pack this one up early and call it a day.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 4:07AM (Unverified) said

@Plastic : agreed, it's absolutely terrible. The only entertainment value is laughing at the "translated from Chinese to English - by Germans" UI text.