Posted: Mar 10th 2012 10:52AM hatori1181 said

Talk to me about ME3 in about 20 hours or so.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 11:33AM laelgon said

@hatori1181 Mostly it's that last 20 minutes of that 20 hours that was the problem. Up to that point it's fantastic.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 11:42AM hatori1181 said

@laelgon Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. It was an amazing game, and that is what makes the last 20 or so minutes so bad. If it was a terrible game all around, no-one would mention it.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 1:44PM Nephilim said

@hatori1181 I'm still so distraught over those last 10-20 mins :(

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 4:15PM Joaquin Crowe said

@hatori1181 It made me wish they kept the same music composer (soundtrack is dull) and the same writing team (felt too much like fanfic) as the first. It was too dumbed down, shoddy and lackluster for what I hoped to be a grand finale.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 4:52PM hatori1181 said

@Joaquin Crowe I didn't mind the soundtrack. (my personal favorite being the romance theme, "I Was Lost Without You") and I disagree that it was dumbed down. There were scenes that were genuinely moving. I think that's why it hurts so much. If you had a LI, those last lines dig right through you.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 12:28PM MMOaddict said

Playing some FFXIV, Lotro, Rift and WoW. Last MMO I deleted was FFXI. I just don't have the energy to relearn the game yet again after a year or more away and this game is just not friendly when it comes to controls/UI and where to go and what to do. Heck, even FFXIV is almost suffering from this, but at least I can move my character around normally like most MMOs as opposed to FFXI.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 12:43PM Baby Choo Choo said

On the PC side of things, I'll be playing WoW. I've barely touched the Tribes beta since I got in months ago, mostly because my current mouse just gets on my nerves, but I might load it up. We'll see.

On the console side, for some unknown reason, Golden Axe: Beast Rider was in my gamefly Q and that arrived yesterday so...I guess I'll be playing that.

That's...that is...well...umm...it most certainly is a video game and that's the best praise I can give it at the moment.

I;ve only played aboout an hour, but the whole time I just sat there thinking, "I see where you were going with this...but you literally could not have been more mediocre."

I'd play something else, but my console backlog consists mostly of "slightly rare, but really not good" jrpgs lol so I guess I'll just retire those to display pieces for the time being. i actually really want to play my PS3/360 a lot more, but all the games I'm looking forward to aren't out for months...

Oh well, I can wait I guess. I got a ton of books on my shelf I haven't cracked open yet so those will do nicely in the meantime.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 12:56PM smartstep said

This ME3 advertising that has been going for last week or so ,is kinda silly :/

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 4:19PM Joaquin Crowe said

@smartstep Advertising/hype moves product.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 6:48PM Graill440 said

Couldnt get into the Mass effect series after DA2 let me down.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 10:58PM (Unverified) said

ME3 is great until The Ending. It's so ... bad... that there is actually an online petition going to get it changed and the forums are flooded with overwhelming negative posts about it. Even Megacritic user reviews are mostly negative for the main reason of The Ending. Bioware really fumbled on this, hopefully they will do an "Ending Redo DLC" or something.