Posted: Mar 10th 2012 4:17PM (Unverified) said

I only read this for the Monty Python pics.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 5:52PM Seffrid said

Communication is the key to good community relations, and unfortunately where the ProSieben deal is concerned (and no doubt as a result of that pretty well in all other respects too) communication by SOE has totally dried up at the moment. The Dev Tracker even managed to get broken during the recent forum maintenance - and not through being overloaded!

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 6:29PM Space Cobra said

While I am not surprised by most of the things said, it was nice to hear things like "banned posts are read" and taken into consideration and all the rest.

I find it helps to bring a bag full of "grains of salt" and spread liberally, but still take seriously. I think this media of online games, more than most, has the most connected tools to get in touch directly with Devs (or people that speak to Devs). You don't get that "directness" with most other things, from Ashton Kutchner's Tweet page, where it is a one-way street for Ashton (but Twitter seems to favor that one-way street) to single-player games.

And really, this once again proves the world is not "Black and White" or "My side / Your side". I should read up on that Clara Insights tool because, IMHO, it's still better to go through all the posts/texts, because you get more detail and context. Hopefully, there is an option for that, at least particular texts.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 6:44PM Graill440 said

Heh, had to break out the Monty Python Vid.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 8:24PM Tatwi said

Must you refer to people by their last name only? Without the Mr./Mrs./Ms. or their first name, it makes the person you're referring to seem like less of a person. It's as though "bloggers" see other people as nothing more than "things" they can pad their word count with. Sadly, this seems to be the cool thing to do in the "new media" / blogosphere. It annoys me, It's rude. I am tired of seeing it. I don't care how many people/how-to books in "the media" disagree.

How hard would it have been to write Mrs. Carlson or Linda or Brasse?

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 9:41PM Kalex716 said

@Tatwi

Well... Acadamia has been doing this *just last names) way since the age of enlightenment. Its hardly a new thing.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 10:14PM Deliverator said

@Kalex716
agreed - seeing the old guard formal Mr, Mrs and Ms. would be weird.
We've moved on.
No more ties at work either.
And dames can vote.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 12:56AM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Tatwi

People who use the word blogosphere annoy me.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 8:25PM Ref Minor said

She does know her nickname is uk slang for a prostitute?

Why I Play: ArcheAge