Posted: Mar 9th 2012 7:56PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
The mobile version must be decent because it is stripped down, the preview for the pc is total garbage.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 1:50PM BrannagarCR said

@Graill440 You are insane. The Win 8 preview has been awesome, stable and performance rock solid.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 4:02PM Bladerunner83 said

@Graill440

Windows 8 reminds me of Windows ME, Vista and the Starter on a Net book, limited and abstract.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 7:13PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
@Graill440

Voted down for this comment?! Most of the readers here must be clueless.

The current version is garbage and reviews back me up on this, it needs to be left on the shelf and has a ton of work left to be done. I suppose if you do not know how to use more than one or two features that this version probably is "Rock solid" *laugh*

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 7:59PM AlienFanatic said

I have high hopes for Win8 myself. The merge between a mobile OS and a true desktop OS really is enticing. I'd been thinking hard about an ultrabook, but with the Ivy Bridge processors on the way and Win 8 in the fall, I might finally be able to get something that works between a mid-grade gaming PC and a tablet for the first time. (I've got a Kindle Fire, and I like it, but when games have to be specifically written for the tablets, that pretty much rules out most of the mainstream MMOs.)

Glad you got the preview to run well on that old Dell. Hoping they, like Lenovo, have some more of those tablet/laptop form factors coming in the fall.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 8:41PM Borick said

I like your take on 'chores'. A grind is only a grind if it's something you don't want to do.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 4:41AM Bhagpuss said

What Borick said!

I've been on the verge of buying a tablet pc for almost a year now but there's always something around the corner. Probably going to hold off for the Win8 devices but I may crack before they arrive and get something cheap to hold me.

I'd be mildly surprised if desktop pcs still exist as anything more than legacy devices in five years time. Then again, they were saying that about CDs five years ago and yet they still account for more than three-quarters of all music sales in this territory.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 10:41AM Deliverator said

@Bhagpuss
I agree - I see Valve buying OnLive for steam. Once that happens, the need for local horsepower will drastically decrease

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 12:24PM Bhima said

@Bhagpuss

As mobile technology progresses, so too does desktop technology. Even though we are basically at the point where you COULD play a game like WoW on a full-featured tablet, a desktop PC has the horsepower to play BF3 and greater. Graphic fidelity will continue to scale with technology and those that want the best visuals a game can offer will have to get a desktop or a gaming laptop for many years to come.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014