Posted: Mar 9th 2012 9:20AM LeBouc said

I can't imagine the sheer agony of backache this young wing'ed lady must be suffering..

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 10:02AM (Unverified) said

@LeBouc
Oh but you forget, she's not human. More to the point, the weight of her body (and all this armor!) is not supported by her lower back. She's hovering, it's the wings that carry all this. So if anything, it's her shoulder muscles that are strained. :)

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 11:14AM (Unverified) said

@LeBouc
actually, I think its a guy. if it was a girl, she would have to have everything sqeezed in under that armor, and we all know how large chested fantasy females are

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 11:53AM Archintyeron said

@(Unverified)
Believe it. Is she. If unsure, read the lore.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 1:28PM NeverDeath said

@Archintyeron

If I'm not mistaken, that's Kayle, and she's female. Been a long time since I played LoL, was never big into it, but that was one of my favorite characters to play as, because you can support, which I like to do in games.

Also lol@themadmage complaining about big-chested fantasy females where there aren't even any in question. Some people really have a feminist torch to burn and no concern for whether or not it's even relevant.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 4:43PM (Unverified) said

@NeverDeath
lol no I dont have a feminist torch to burn, its just that female fantasy characters are usually scantily dressed in bikini armor, so I just assumed this must be a male character since its in full armor without a hint of cleavage or skin showing. But I dont know the lore behind the character, so I have been proved wrong!

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 9:58AM Hikoro said

Why retire them, no more shelf space, to expensive to produce?
Oh wait's it's virtual.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 11:22AM Maseno said

@Hikoro

I know it isn't a money grab since Riot has been raking in the dough since the game launched. I am unsure why they would do this though. Especially seeing that those champs already have a very very limited number of skins.

Either way 75% off is fricking awesome.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 12:24PM ShivanSwordsman said

@Maseno

It's exactly that, it's a money grab. It'd be like Steam saying they're not going to host certain games any longer, put them on sale, then remove them from the store (though you can still download/install them). Frankly, I packed my shart and got the heck out of LoL a long time ago. Oh sure, I revisit every so often, but the grind for the new heroes is so intense that I just don't bother anymore.

Tribes will likely be going the same way actually, since they seem to believe that 100k point weapons (with roughly 1k earned per match) is a good idea. Hur hur hur hur! NO.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 6:19PM scfs123 said

@Hikoro They are really old skins that don't look very good compared to newer skins. Like Unmasked kayle just looks terrible compared to the newer skins.
They weren't bad in their time, new skins put them to shame though.,

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 1:19PM (Unverified) said

Wait you're complaining about grind in LoL?

Really? A grind in LoL?

I understand that I'm not articulating my sentiments very well, I'm just speechless.

Posted: Mar 10th 2012 1:16AM Kalex716 said

@(Unverified)

Just assume he's a player that spends the majority of his time doing bot matches against the AI, and has little interest in actually playing against people. Nothin' wrong with that.

Thats the only way i could see LoL being a grind however, is if you fall into the "pokemon" gotta catch 'em all logic of getting every single hero that ever comes out every other week ever forever.