Posted: Mar 9th 2012 11:12AM Ocho said

I find these games, Perfect World and Forsaken World... intriguing. Who here (from the commenters or otherwise) plays it, and is it any good? What games are it most comparable to? I will probably give it a shot, but am looking for others reactions first, so I know what to expect. :)

Thanks!

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 11:28AM Maseno said

@Ocho

I played it for about 2 months but just couldn't get into it. The game looks great, plays pretty well, but it is just another one of those themepark grinders. I may give it another try because of the free items, but I won't hold my breath.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 1:17PM Zel0us said

@Ocho

Save your time b/c PWE marketing or w/e always manage to screw the game up somehow. PWI is pure P2W if you're going in for PvP&TW. FW is basically PWI2.0 more skills,new class, better place but everything is basically the same. Not sure if its p2w....yet but you can take that chance if you want.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 4:51PM (Unverified) said

@Ocho

It's a real good game actually. I'd put it among the best of the traditional styled MMO's to be honest. I'm not really active in it right now do to other games in my rotation, but I did enjoy myself when I did play.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 4:59PM scfs123 said

@Ocho I'm only mid level so take with grain of salt.

Things that'll blow your mind with it.

1 - The first newbie levels go by SUPER FAST, and everything is ridiculously easy to kill. Like you'll one shot stuff, and theres a +100% xp buff that was added to the game for everyone (Due to how terrible high level grinding is)
So you'll just blow through levels like crazy for a while and it'll be a bit to take in.

2 - One of the primary ways you level is via repeatable daily quests. Which is a big factor in #1 as well, when you get to the main city you get BOMBARDED with these daily quests, like, this one guy is a random quest generator pretty much called "Life in the harbor" you can do 30 of his quests a day, and they give just so much XP, when you first get to the city and do it you'll just get level after level after level from it.
Bear in mind though, at mid levels you are getting similar XP from said dailys, but have far bigger xp/level's. So its still great for getting a big chunk of XP done daily.

3 - You have to craft mana restoration products, and base mana regen is absolutely terrible. When you get to capital you'll go learn cooking, and learn how to make stuff to regen mana, but you can't buy it from an innkeeper or what nots. You can also make mana potions that are pretty cheap to make.
Now crafting is another devil in itself, kinda ingenious way to counter botting i suppose. You get two pools of power. "Energy" and "Vigor" you get a certain amount of each per hour, (Increases as you level) and for each point of energy you can harvest one harvest node, and for each point of vigor you can craft one item.
It took me alot of dedicated harvesting before i ever ran out of either heh.
But its there, and it regens while offline at less then when you are online.

4 - Everyone gets a pet. Pets Matter. When you get to the capital at the low level, you'll get a pet quest and you'll get yourself a little comrade, that does really good damage and is a large part of your playing.
Theres an entire portion of the game dedicated to getting training pets / taming pets and trying to get the best pet you can.

Those are just things that will really give you a mind blow when you get into the game.

Now as for the Pay2Win aspects.
I'm not sure if its true or not. I'm only mid level so this is what i've seen.

LOADS of pets are buyable from the store, as per #4.....Take with grain of salt, there are also rare pets that spawn once eveyr 6 hours and can be sold (Bear in mind there is 10 different zone servers that you can switch between, so its more 10 spawn every 6 hours.)

Inventory space/bank space is a bit brutal, the game rewards you with bigger bags/bank as you level but if you are a packrat you will be driven nuts. So you may cave and shell out a few $$ to get big bags.

Now on the final P2W note, You can sell store currency for ingame currency at a broker.(its like an AH where you can buy and sell store currency.) Now this gets abit confusing. Since you have 3 currencys in this game. (and no i don't mean gold silver copper.)

You have NPC Currency, that you use for training / buying from npcs etc.
You have AH currency, that you use for buying cash shop currency / using for the AH.
Then you have the Cash shop currency..that you use for cash shop.

So if you are a ingame currency maker, you can buy anything you want in the cash shop for nothing.
The only issue becomes is you need to get a bit higher level to go making the big money to be able to get enough to buy stuff you want.

I highly suggest you check it out if you are bored and got a few days to kill
The classes are very enjoyable, the talent trees are absolutely insane, i thought they were WOW clone talent trees until i realized there was a scroll bar, its just..massive talent trees. Absolutely massive, with lots of variations to play with. I play a vampire healer spec, but i can spec within my tree for damage or for healing. Thats just how many talents there are lol

There is also an adequate LFG tool, and the game has amazing events, they have XP dungeons that are only availble for a few hours a day and can only be ran once a day, they have a Carnival dungeon thats availble few times a week for a few hours on those days, its a minigame carnival, its pretty amusing xD

Alas rambleramble, its a great game, check it out.

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 12:56PM Space Cobra said

I expect a Red Horse mount with a shield/heraldic symbol pressed upon it's forehead of a "Galloping Sports Car". I also hope it has the equivalent power of 650 Horses, goes from 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and has a top speed of 220 mph.

I will also name this horse, "Ferrari"!

Posted: Mar 9th 2012 5:25PM Ocho said

Wow. Lots of great stuff here all. You all rock for giving out such great recommendations. Well thats that, then. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks!