Posted: Mar 8th 2012 11:45AM SnarlingWolf said

Wait, you mean a group of Blizzard/Sony people inducted WoW and EQ into the hall of fame? No way!

So they induct EQ and UO but not AC which is also still running and also did things in a unique way. Like all people now a days they overlook The Realm as the actual longest running MMO, which simply due to that deserves to be recognized as much as UO.

And yes, that site is the most horrible site I've ever seen.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 11:55AM starspun said

Maybe it's just me, but the GDC Online Awards' Hall of Fame seems a lot more legit...

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 12:13PM Maseno said

@starspun

It isn't just you. Their website looks like a small child made it.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 12:14PM Deliverator said

• 1 heart
You can't have a hall of fame run by the industry.
They'll probably induct some jackass for coming up with F2P. At least we'll know who to punch I guess.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 2:24PM potaco said

@Deliverator

Ridiculous... I should have known someone would have brought unfounded F2P hate to a completely unrelated article.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 3:49PM Deliverator said

@potaco
inconthievable! The site is a joke.
The hate isn't unfounded and my comment may possibly be more related than anyone else's.

Richard Aihoshi, MMORPG.com's Free Zone columnist is on the voting board and Facebook friends with the site's owner, Doug Kale. I don't know if you've read this guy's articles, but Aihoshi is a single minded F2P business model pusher. It's all he writes about.

And check out their "featured games" http://www.mmohall.com/MMO-Games.html

It looks like old Doug and Richard got drunk Monday and put up a site.
The whole site's too poorly done to have any sort of effect, but unrelated, my comment is not.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 12:43PM meanieme said

Loved this game, my first mmo.
Good morning Sassy Sally and New Yorker - wherever you are.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 3:30PM Lenn said

Why was the picture changed?

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 4:35PM Jef Reahard said

@Lenn

It was an old UO screenshot and we try to post more current stuff. In my defense, I wrote this (and quickly grabbed the first available image) while running around between GDC appointments, lol.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 3:42PM (Unverified) said

O, UO boat, I remember trolling the docks until finding one of you unlocked for the first time, sailing you to a deserted island, promptly locking myself off the boat, and having to get a GM to come pick me up days later. Will anything ever be able to capture the anarchy of early UO again?

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 8:33PM Laephis said

@(Unverified)

Those early UO days were truly something special. There was a certain chaotic innocence to the game (and the genre in general) that we'll never experience again.