Posted: Mar 7th 2012 4:28PM stephen09181981 said

• 1 heart
well their is some nice things in update 6 as disappointing as swtor is the new patch for lotro is most welcome

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 4:44PM Softserve said

This is looking pretty good. The patch notes are some of the better ones in a while and I'm excited about their plans to become more "agile" and make patches more frequently. Looking forward to it.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 4:55PM Caderyn said

Wish I could get excited about anything this company does now. At least the new improved instance finder doesn't require turbine points to use.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 5:18PM (Unverified) said

I've really been loving SWTOR, but always am drawn by LotRO.

My problem with this game in the past has been really twofold: it felt really grindy, a bit repetitive (orcs, boars, bears, bandits...) and the quests were done in such a way that I'd go to a quest hub, kill mobs in area A, go to another quest hub, then have to go BACK to area A again, and constantly keep having to come back to the same area over and over.

Have these changed? Loved a lot about LotRO, but the repetition just turned me off.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 5:26PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) Questing has been streamlined a lot more, ever since a few zones were revamped, most notably Bree-land, Lone Lands and Evendim.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 5:44PM Quidveritas said

Does anyone ever get a group from the instance finder anyway? I wait in the queue all the time and have only gotten one group ever.

Maybe I'm on the wrong sever (Brandywine).

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 6:24PM (Unverified) said

@Quidveritas I've never had any luck, either as a healer or dps.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 6:35PM stephen09181981 said

@(Unverified) i think most people will still use GLFF to form a full group then que up for a random 6 man isengard instance for the currency and morale buff

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 7:44PM Graill440 said

@Quidveritas

Brandywine is the autoleveling server. Everyone goes there because it is the most populated and constantly busy in the ettens, players then transfer to the lower population servers and start strutting epeens, happens all the time on windfola, a rather dead server where the mediocre come to be gods. *laugh*

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 9:29PM TortoiseCan said

@Quidveritas

I play on the same server, and I generally have pretty good luck with it. Some days, not so much but I find it's fun to use for the random factor. Sometimes I get a 3 man group for library, other times a 6 man crew running a classic dungeon , other times I get 1 other person running skirmishes. Of course, I usually select everything and go as either a tank or DPS. The main problem I have with it is the 'support' role doesn't mean you are actually getting a healer. I got paired up with 2 hunters running a classic once, one of them qualified as 'support' even though they have no healing abilities. Needless to say, we didn't get very far.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 12:39AM Thrilljo said

@Quidveritas

When the IF was first being introduced, I made a post on the Bullroarer forum that it was not going to work as a LFF tool. One of the devs responded to me basically saying - the IF is not supposed to find you a group, but rather choose a random instance for you.

Turbine appears to not be so blunt about the IF anymore, but in the end its purpose is to provide an easier way to recycle old content and finding a group is a secondary function.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 7:41PM Graill440 said

Still not seeing the portal from the ettenmoors to middle earth proper...........did i miss it?? (Grin)

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 10:24PM jmerriex said

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT!!!

I'm just a little excited about this as you can tell...