Posted: Mar 6th 2012 6:14PM Gryphmon said

The trailer shows both the new staff powerset and the beastmaster mastermind set, neither of which were included with I22, although they are on beta.

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 6:15PM starka1 said

Just an fyi, the trailer is a little misleading. Staff Fighting and Beast Mastery powersets are not out yet but will be released before Issue 23. Technically, that makes them part of Issue 22 but still a little disappointing.

On the other hand, for me at least, yaayyy on adding other trials/task forces to the LFG tool!!!

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 6:29PM Shirogetsune said

According to War Witch, the lead producer, we can expect to see Beast Mastery in March. Or at least, that's how I read it.

Specifically:

"March is going to have some cool stuff so l'll break it down briefly. There's the Flying Disc which is a fun temp power that allows you to, well, toss a disc back and forth. Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, there is a Leprechaun pet that follows you about spreading the luck of the Irish, a rainbow, a few four-leaf clovers, and a nice buff. But I'm sure all you Masterminds are just waiting on the Beast Mastery Power Set, which will include the ability to master the wolves of the wild to enforce your bidding. Finally, we round out the month with the final chapter of the Signature Story Arc in the Who Will Die series."

So yes, while we don't have Staff Fighting or Beast Mastery yet, it doesn't look like we'll wait long.

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 8:13PM EricNelson said

Also, I expect Staff Fighting to hit the Paragon Market store very soon, possibly as early as next week (should certainly hit prior to Beast Mastery, which as Shirogetsune pointed out above, is slated for sometime in March per War Witch's latest Producer's Letter).

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 9:04PM JuliusSeizure said

@EricNelson

Nope. Pretty sure they're holding it back a little bit, to pace out the release of melee power sets. This will be the third since the launch of Freedom, all of which have been purchase-only. By comparison, there's been one support set (Time Manip), one ranged set (Beam Rifle), one control set (Darkness), two AT-specific secondary sets (Dark Assault/Affinity) and Beast Mastery marks the first MM primary set. Of these, all but BR and BM are free to VIPs.

I'm expecting late April.

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 9:29PM Utakata said

@JuliusSeizure

Just to let you know, BM is not free to VIP's. It's pay wall locked to me even though I am subbing currently. Or maybe I have some sorta weird bug...or missed something in the fine print.

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 10:55PM JuliusSeizure said

@Utakata

You misread my comment. ;) I said ALL BUT BR and BM are free to VIPs.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 1:21AM Utakata said

@JuliusSeizure

...or a serious brain fart. Just ignore that last comment of mine please. I sit corrected. :(

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 10:53AM EricNelson said

@JuliusSeizure

Yes, apparently last night while logged in it was pointed out to me that, while War Witch confirmed Beast Mastery in March, and even though Staff Fighting far preceded it on Beta, the devs have come out and said that SF will not appear in March.

What the heck? That makes no sense at all. I'm looking forward to BM and don't care about SF, so it works for me, but I know a lot of people are very excited for SF and I feel bad that they have to wait longer than I do.

On the flipside, though, if they can't find something to occupy them in I22, they're insane. :-)

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 10:40PM Bhima said

I loved CoH pre-WoW days but once WoW hit I left CoH. I tried to play CoH again just recently but the combat feels so slow, static and rigid. I think DCUO does a better job on the gameplay mechanics side (of course it has many years on CoH). I wish CoH would update how the game plays since they already have a ton of content.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 12:42AM jslim419 said

so far been having a blast in I22. my main is a stalker so that is for obvious reasons, but dark astoria has been such a pleasure to play through so far. the only thing that makes me mad is that i have to work 16 hours a day for the next four day's, so i'll get very little time with it for the rest of this week... :(