Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:12AM jillian said

I havent. I so want to fall in love with a game again. It just seems like all the games lately are superficial jerks. They all have the same pick up lines and the seem to just want to use me. Im not saying that sometimes I dont want to be used, but gosh, how much can a girl take?

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 11:15AM geekcream said

@jillian I think you are looking for Guild Wars 2. Or me. Either one.

Oh the jokes.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 4:03PM Loopy said

@jillian

Uh, that's EXACTLY how i feel. Can you kindly get out of my head please?

Posted: Mar 5th 2012 12:51PM Anmaeriel said

@jillian

I so agree. I have 6-7 MMOs installed on my desktop. Tried them once or twice and wasn't blown away.

I might try Jade Dynasty or Perfect World for the third time and hope it's the charm. I used to go back to those because of the expansions and the good looks. Also, Jade Dynasty has an auto-combat system, which is totally wonderful when you have homework to do!

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:16AM abh1991 said

my favorite game to fall back on isnot an mmo,but its halo combat evolved on original xbox! i

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:16AM (Unverified) said

Mortal Online

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 9:31AM AnathemaOne said

@(Unverified)

I with you on that one. I've been subscribed and playing since launch. I've reduced my time in-game periodically when playing other games, but I always end up back home.

In a space filled with themeparks that all play roughly the same, MO is one of the few that provides an actual virtual world experience. It's still not perfect, but has gotten a ton better since launch, and is still headed in the right direction as a fantasy sandbox game.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 5:04PM Jetflame3 said

@(Unverified) Crazy that I see this, I was just literally thinkin about mortal. I have returned again and again to Mortal. I just can't seem to stay away.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:18AM LeBouc said

Eve Online.

It's like a dark temptress, tormenting yet so irresistable. Every time I thought I had finally woken up from its seductive siren songs, and rediscovered the joy of RL, friends, hot sex, Eve hooks her little finger and enthrall me back with whispers of Power of 2 deals, cheap subscriptions, "persistent" level-playing field so I don't need "re-grind for epix", and dreams of massive sovreignty fights.

Eve, you are a bitch =(

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:22AM Moonaura said

@LeBouc Indeed. The force is strong in that one.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:20AM Sente said

My MMO "home" is City of Heroes - seems I always return for a bit of virtual spandex.

Perhaps not fallen in love with exactly and not quite "home" such as CoH, but Guild Wars do fill a bit of a special spot for me, even though there can sometimes be long times between play sessions. It always feels good to come back and play it.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:20AM Everfaust said

Legend of Zelda!?... oh wait, wait.. you're talking bout MMOs XD

Yeah, the only one I went back to a few times was Runes of Magic.. but that was only to show off the mount I bought back in the day, to a few friends.
*(not sure this counts as it was F2P and not sub based).

Truth be told, I haven't sub'd to a game since I left AION a few years ago.
I just don't see a reason for p2p and find it a big turn off.

lol so on that note.. no, I haven't "fallen back in love with any MMO" ~ as I've yet to love in the first place. :P

Now if we were talking bout XBLA games.. then hell yea! got tons of those I go back to again and again.. hmm, prolly cause unlike the standard MMO, those games are actually fun.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 9:43AM DarkWalker said

@Everfaust
I agree: Legend of Zelda!
(also, if dealing with single player games, all the Mario platformes, racing, and fighting games, most Bethesda RPGs, Black Isle RPGs, and about every Bioware game before Mass Effect. I don't know if it's my intrinsic dislike for EA, but I simply could never love any Bioware RPG from after they were purchased by EA.)

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 10:05AM Tizmah said

@Everfaust Sadly Zelda and I's relationship started to get rocky at Twilight Princess...Then we really fell apart at Skyward Sword. A long with a incomprehensible storyline/timeline the developers are trying to force that was never meant to be...I just can't take Zelda anymore.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 10:47AM Everfaust said

@Tizmah

Really? lol, Twilight Princess was like OoT 2.0 ~ absolutely loved it!
Tho that may be because I played it on the Gamecube. *(don't own or ever want a Wii).

I heard many a horror stories from people that played it on the Wii.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:23AM Vorender said

Fallen Earth

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:24AM wofitz said

Guild Wars, always Guild Wars, always something new and something else to do. I started it a long, long time ago and while I left it for a number of years in the past year I've come back to it and every time is wonderful and something new.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 1:15PM ShivanSwordsman said

@wofitz

Much the same here, yet I still can't bring myself to just finish the game. Guild Wars random arena is my guilty pleasure, though I would much rather they make the Alliance Battles random, so I could just jump into those. 12 vs 12 is so much more fun to me.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 8:34AM pcgneurotic said

To answer the question directly, it would be DDO - which I leave constantly because it's so hard to get Turbine Points for it (I suffer from the 'PayPal crashes the DDO client' bug), and then come back to every few months when the bug seems to go away for a bit.

But, my 'Home game', the one I always come back to for love and comfort and warm, fuzzy feelings, is EQ2.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 11:03AM Gamewench said

@pcgneurotic I'm also always returning to EQ2. I love it. So many things to do and no pressure to get to max level