Posted: Mar 3rd 2012 9:06PM Sephirah said

• 1 heart
"What players say they do and what they actually do aren't always the same thing."

Sure, especially if feedback is used to tune the cashshop...
"Oh, so you like to do THAT? Well, to be able to have some chance of success from now on you'll have to buy this item in the cashshop!"

Posted: Mar 3rd 2012 11:42PM Maseno said

• 1 heart
I really wanted to check this game out when it went F2P. I downloaded, entered the game, and then went to make a character. When I saw I had to pay to unlock 90% of the classes I closed it down and uninstalled. Why would I pay for something that I have no clue if I am going to enjoy? It would be like having 10 mystery boxes. Only one has what you want in it, the others are full of dog turds. Not going to pay for something I may or may not like.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 2:28AM TortoiseCan said

• 1 heart
@Maseno

yeah, I agree - they've got a completely terrible F2P System
They also have an absolutely horrible customer service department. I was subbed to EQ2 for 4 months after thinking I had cancelled my sub. I called them, explained I hadn't logged on in over half a year and I was certain I cancelled the sub. Spoke with management about it - they wouldn't budge. "We have your money... tough luck"

The part that really bothered me was that I knew I had cancelled it. Anyway, I ended up disputing the charges with my credit card company. I'm never paying SOE for anything, ever.

Posted: Mar 5th 2012 9:18AM Yellowdancer said

@Maseno

First would be to read the forums. There are guides that give very detailed descriptions on how a class plays. You can also go to EQwire to see all the different AA abilities and spells. And EQ2 has a good wardrobe system so you can make your character look like whatever you want and fight with whatever weapon style you want.

The free classes play like the pay classes. They just have a certain special ability that make them distinct. If you like the 4/8 base clases, I see no reason to buy the others honestly. The plus side is, they gave away the core classes for free. Those are the classes you want in groups and raids.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 1:11AM edgecrusherO0 said

• 1 heart
Are they ever going to fix the HORRIBLE dungeon queue system? One of the reasons I barely play is because I love running dungeons, but without my two friends to guide me (they knew everything about the game), I get horribly lost and end up never joining up with normal groups. I was extremely happy about the dungeon queue system as I would get to run a lot of the dungeons I either missed or haven't been to in years, but I've barely been able to since the system is so broken. Between getting tossed into raid dungeons with a normal group at lower levels, to frequently popping into a dungeon by myself or with 1-2 others, it's just a complete waste of time that makes me want to uninstall :(

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 2:48AM Balraw said

Its worth noting that the poll you mention was apparently only distributed to the US players or at least to people with character on the US servers. Nothing was sent to anyone with characters only on the EU servers. (Source: http://eq2wire.com/2012/02/29/soes-in-game-poll-results-in-and-march-plans-tomorrow/)

Sign of the times and things to come I guess. Le sigh

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 3:00AM pcgneurotic said

Skyshriiiiiiinnee! '63 is gonna be a good one!

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 11:06AM Gamewench said