Posted: Mar 1st 2012 1:21PM Pasha said

• Half a heart
Used my old account, created newborn toon on Byriel (most popular PvP server in US zone) and found only handful of players there. Festivals masks and mini-games are great.

But elves are extremely boring and stereotypical environment after 15 years of fantasy MMOs. Sci-fi environment could be much more attractive (unless it's buggy crap designed by stupids from Biofail).

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 7:28PM (Unverified) said

@Pasha
I'm going to agree with you just because I want to play a Bogling SO-dang-bad. Rift has so many awesome looking monster races, but none of them playable. :/ Theres even a satyr thing that looks like its from the movie "Pans Labyrinth"...but not playable. Oh, but have more elves. elf elf elf...

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 1:38PM edgecrusherO0 said

Sweet, I was hoping that they would have a reactivation event. I've been meaning to resub and check out the new content but was holding off in the hope that they would have a reactivation event. I am excite.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 2:06PM jimr9999us said

The steam punk spider mount might be the coolest mount ever created.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 2:10PM Nepentheia said

@jimr9999us

For me, I'm absolutely obsessed with the cosmic Nebula mount. Its trippy-awesome! :-D

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 2:18PM jimr9999us said

@Nepentheia

Just took a look at it...you're right...which one to choose????

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 4:06PM hami83 said

@jimr9999us If you have an alt you can get both. The dabloons to buy the mounts are soulbound, but the mounts themselves are not.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 7:32PM (Unverified) said

@jimr9999us
I've got my cowboy outfit all ready to go for that mount. Wild Wild west anyone? :D

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 2:09PM Nepentheia said

There are SO many cool and neat touches to the Carnival. Its definitely worth delving into the festivities and enjoying everything being offered. The carnival atmosphere Trion created is really well done.

The first phase raid rift is melded together really nicely with storytelling.

There is so much to experience throughout this World Event, as it lasts for SEVEN weeks--there's a ton of content and each week a whole new phase kicks in with new and different things to do. :-)

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 3:03PM Cyroselle said

@Nepentheia Woot!

That's a good long time!

Also, did you note that the money-changer offers currencies from past events? If you're doing HK and want more water resist, that source core from the HK raid world event is pretty essential.

And even if you're not a raider, there's still a lot of cool stuff that the world event vendor offers that has been inaccessible to new players, but now is, provided the grind up enough glass beads for the conversion!

It's a 1 to 1 conversion, totally do-able.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 2:23PM hami83 said

I wish the carnival games would stay. They are nice little asides from rift chasing and dungeon plowing.

Course I've always wanted an MMO to have a casino in it, so that's just my thing. lol

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 3:06PM Cyroselle said

@hami83 If anything, there should be a permanent casino in Fortune's Shore, Shimmersand. With the thieves, cut-throats, kidney-theft and prostitutes, and being out in a desert, it's practically Vegas already!

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 3:29PM hami83 said

@Cyroselle I totally agree.
They could easily put it in one of the buildings, or even make an underground cave or something.

I would totally blow all my money on that.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 6:30PM (Unverified) said

@hami83

Hey, you can bet on the chimera fights in Shimmersand!

;)

~Vaish

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 2:25PM (Unverified) said

Man I love Rift. I hope it stays around for a long time.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 4:19PM Dunraven said

I will say this I used to give RIFT a very hard time but the game has come a long way and seems to be doing quite well for itself.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 4:44PM Quarlo said

Rift is one of the few games where the developers are working to keep the players actively engaged in the game. Despite the game being a theme park MMO, Trion has done a good job of creating a dynamic environment. They earn every penny that I give them.

Can't wait to log on and dig into the festival.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 7:12PM Faction 3 said

@Quarlo

Agreed, I never really had a major interest in RIFT, I tried the 7-day trial and was done in 3 days, I couldnt take it.

However, Trion is easily the best current MMO development studio around. Especially considering the fact that they were nobodies when the game first launched.

Im thinking of giving RIFT a 2nd try after seeing the sheer amount of solid (IE: un-rehashed, garbage) content they put in since I last played. And besides WoW, no other game I've played has done a DoT-based Caster better than the Necro-Warlock souls.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 1:27PM (Unverified) said

Bored and flapping in place on your leet ride in Orgrimmar?
How to win at not being bored:
1. Install Rift to check out the freebie 1-20 content.
2. Head to Sanctum or Meridian.
3. Check out the Carnival.
4. Load up Van Halen - Jump, or Kris Kross "jump" song in background.
5. Bounce party win.