Posted: Feb 29th 2012 6:04PM Quarlo said

Glad you are enjoying the game. I never badmouth anyone who finds enjoyment in any MMO (hell, I love STO despite its many flaws).

I wanted to try this game out (i'm always looking for another MMO to squeeze into my hard drive) and I even got a key for open beta.

But when I read that open beta testers couldn't post to the forums, I backtracked so hard I nearly broke my ankles. I know it's a petty reason, but when a developer doesn't let you post in the forums it says to me they aren't interested in your feedback.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 7:08PM Graill440 said

This is one of those big disappointing games that i truly wanted to play and was utterly disgusted by the developer choices, i even became bloated on cups of spite when it all came crashing down around them.

As i have stated before, once i try a game i never go back unless i have alifetime sub or someone tells me something is worth checking out, otherwise it stays off the radar. This game however was so distasteful i have not even considered rechecking it even thougha couple friends state alot has changed for the better.

I imagine things have changed, they would need to, but to have the conversations we had in beta, in some cases, some really long one on one time (hours) a person finds those conversations, no matter how deep, really had no impact and even with the persons in question and everyone saw the results.

A good friend of mine has a saying:
"I'm responsible for what I say - but not for what you understand" This would answer so many questions as to why the devs kept going the way they did, ultimately to crash into the huge, unmoveable cement wall of failure even though thousands were waving their hands to stop before the impact.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 11:03PM (Unverified) said

I bought this game right after launch (I never listen to other people, most especially critics :p ), and I have never once regreted it. My feelings about the game have always been very close to the way the writer described his.

When I crafted something in those early days, there was pride in what I crafted, because it was work to get together all the correct materials. Crafting has since been made more simplified, and the tough part of it replaced with materia melding. I honestly miss the old version, but I'll be taking on the challenge of a 5-slotted suit of armor.

Today I spent quite a bit of time mining, along with some leves, and I tried to venture solo into a camp stronghold ( I died :p ). And it was great fun to me. Sometimes, I can stand there in one of the many little hidden alcoves in La Noscea and just watch the sky, especially at "sunrise" and "sunset". The game is just so pretty.

I only expect FFXIV to keep getting better in the future. Each time a patch hits, it's like Christmas, the updates are so packed, and the game makes another significant change.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 11:52PM Otakkun said

FF XIV biggest letdown of my gaming life. I wanted to love it, I was dying to play it ... and then ufff... one week of pure pain and then I just let it go.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 12:41PM madcartoonist said

Unfortunately I am still waiting for the PS3 release. When I tried the test thingy (i forget the official name) for the PC version is basically laughed at me. This is really the only program I would need to upgrade for so I don't feel like doing it yet. And I would just rather play on my PS3 anyways.

Posted: Mar 1st 2012 3:15PM EIranzer said

I hope the inevitable FFXIV 3.0 is an offline adventure.

I would love to see a conventional Crystal Tools-generated JRPG in a high fantasy setting, not the generic futurepunk settings of X, XII and XIII.

Unfortunately, since S-E did high fantasy for XIV Online, like XI Online, they'll likely skip it again and the next few Final Fantasy (XV and XVI) will be futuristic shit fests.

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 7:44PM TortoiseCan said

I just bought this game, it looks good :)

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 3:49AM Dakin said

I'm having tons of fun with the most recent content patch, 1.21. I honestly believe version 2.0 release will be worthwhile and deserving of the FF franchise.