Posted: Feb 29th 2012 9:54AM Gaugamela said

Sounds really interesting, and considering the pedigree of the developers I believe this game will have a lot of quality.
I love RTS's so I will probably try it at launch and drop a few bucks in it to support the best developer in the MMO market right now.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 10:32AM Panicbutton said

This would be very attractive to me if the campaign allowed for real persistent empire building, more in an Eve-Online territorial nature or like the old Mankind MMORTS (which never gets the credit it should for inspiring much work in this genre).

I will struggle to become invested in a game where I do not feel that my own strategy has a long term impact on the 'persistent' game world and where inter-player politics and alliance building has no real place. I have felt ever since Mankind fell from grace that there was a massive opportunity for a truly persistent MMORTS and I am not sure that End of Nations is really going to fit the bill for me. It sounds more like the RTS equivalent of what the Battlefield or Call of Duty franchises have done for FPS games than a real MMO.

Make the world persistent, allow territorial control, facilitate player driven social groupings (i.e. alliances, power blocks etc.) and introduce real consequences for winning or losing along with the cool character development features they are planning and then we'd really be talking about an MMORTS.

I will wait to be impressed but am currently a little underwhelmed.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 11:00AM SnarlingWolf said

I thought the original command and conquer series was developed by Westwood Studios??

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 11:47AM Skable said

@SnarlingWolf Petroglyph is made up of ex Westwood Studios employees.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 11:29AM nimzy said

Seriously? Not a single mention of the huge debt this game owes to Shattered Galaxy?

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 2:56PM nhat said

RTS is tough to do as a MMO because it's all about balance and gameplay. CS items that affects gameplay balance has no place in a RTS game.

That's why AoE is having a hard time keeping its B2P and CS models alive.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 4:07PM Wild Colors said

Looking forward to having another big MMORTS to play around with. I think the closest I've seen to this in the past was Battleforge, which was a lot of fun for the first few months.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 1:53AM psycros said

RTS games aren't out of style, their just not getting made because they aren't the money cows that MMOs are (and other games are being mutated into). The publishers are only interested in backing properties that push subs or DLC, and an RTS doesn't lend itself to that. It might be a great RTS, but I will never even consider it because (a) I don't play strategy games online and (b) I will never pay a recurring fee for a single-player or LAN experience. In any case, mixing two fundamentally opposing genres is always a mistake and if there's no offline option for EoN it will fail like all the others that have tried.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 1:59AM psycros said

@psycros : yes, I realize it says there's a single player campaign but I never play RTS campaigns - its skirmish or nothing for me, preferably co-op against an AI and only via LAN. A game that lacks a skirmish or "quick play" mode, or lacks any LAN support is worthless to me.

Posted: Mar 7th 2012 2:38PM Drakkonus said

"Unit types are fairly standard; you've got artillery, flying units, and bipedal mechs straight out of Aliens standing in for infantry."- Emil Vazquez

Is it just me or does those mechs lookless like Alien's and more like the Matrix Revolution's: where Captain Mifune leads the human defense of Zion, piloting open-cockpit mech-like machines called APUs against invading Sentinels.