Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:25AM (Unverified) said

never finished the prophecies campaign, got stuck on the last missions...
i replayed the prologue ALOT...
bought the first "expansion" got stuck there aswell...
never bothered to get nightfall until 2 years ago... and then i barely touched it.....

there is something about the gameplay that push me away from it....it just feels awkward....controls...combat...everything...

but i am looking forward to guildwars 2....its so beautiful....

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:28AM Balraw said

I purchased GW years ago and to be honest at the time I didn't like it and never completed anything with the campaigns. After the GW2 stuff started to ramp up I thought I should give GW another chance so have blown the dust of the box and reinstalled it.

Honestly I don't know what I was thinking when I first played it all those years ago but I am finding it to be a lot of fun. Currently working through Prophecies (got a little stuck on Abaddon's Mouth at the moment) but going to stick with it. Plan is to work through the campaigns first and if I can do anything with the HoM (during or after that) then that's a bonus. Basically want to see the lore stuff so I have some frame of reference for GW2 when I play that.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:30AM Alph said

No, but I really need to... I never finished my HoM. It's hard to find time for it between all the other games, especially TOR atm. (my main MMO till GW2 comes out)

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:32AM drunkingamebar said

I played it briefly in 2006, but I really couldn't get into it, then I installed it again, but lost my log in, and password.. The site isn't much help at all recovering this information, and honestly the site is a nightmare to navigate. I hope to god they reformat the way they do things after the release of GW2, especially with daily hacking, phishing tactics going on these days.

In short really, I want to stay out of the loop long enough that the learning curve isn't to bad, also so I don't get burnt out out mmo's in general. Overall I think it would be extremely hard to enjoy any game, while waiting for this one to arrive!

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:35AM dudes said

Not I. A completely fresh start when GW2 launches.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:38AM EvilCartographer said

I never played the first Guild Wars, but I am considering picking it up and getting some playtime under my belt in anticipation of GW2.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:47AM mystique said

been playing GW1 for the past 4 yrs. It is not the only game I play, but it has never been off my computer since I started playing.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:49AM Tizmah said

No, because I can't find groups of players to adventure with. Have to get NPCs a lot of the time and that's pretty boring.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:50AM Pasha said

So I've downloaded GW trial after all this GW2 hype. 12 hours after installation game still output Code=004 and Code=058 errors non-stop instead of login. 7 years after release and it still bugged / un-finished/ un-polished right on login screen.

I doubt I'll pay money for GW2 if it will have same "quality".

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:07AM Cyclone Jack said

@Pasha

Looks like you may have a routing issue. Check your router/firewall and any AV software to make sure you aren't blocking ports 6112 and/or 80.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:52AM Glyph said

Because I've spent 10,000+ hours in GW1, I've had the HoM at 50/50 for a long time. Much of my time has been spent helping new players on their HoM. My advice to players is to get 7 good heroes asap. Level up to 10 in Nightfall and head to Eye of the North after getting the first couple Nightfall heroes.

Eye of the North is the most rewarding and relevant to GW2. It is also leaps and bounds more exciting than Prophecies, which has aged. You can always go back to experience the story once you have lots of skills unlocked. The main joy factor in GW is skill experimentation. The ppl who dont "get it" will never enjoy it. Hope that helps.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:58AM The Ogre said

My main just celebrated his 4th birthday yesterday and has over 2000 hours sunk into him. I do take long breaks, though, and all the GW2 press beta news IS what started me playing again recently (just captured the last Prophecies elite skill for him last night, which also gives him rank 1 of Kind of a Big Deal - it's no GWAMM, but it'll do; I really should try and find a guild one of these days...).

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:58AM Adrianoz said

If WoW and TOR implemented their own versions of the Hall of Monuments, I'm pretty sure the grind wouldn't seem so grindy anymore.

It's a perfect way of giving people an overarching goal in the game, a sense of character progression besides the gear treadmill, a way to show how dedicated you are and how long you've been playing aswell as allowing you to display your trophies, achievements, titles and accolades in the game.

Why BioWare and Blizzard haven't implemented this is beyond me.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:58AM Ehra said

I've been playing it for a good 6 years now. Less now than I did back in the day, but I still get in about once a week :)

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:03AM Cyclone Jack said

I jump in and out from time to time, but I did a big push this last weekend and got to 30/50 in the HoM, as well as helped a friend work on some of his HoM progress. I'm pretty close to finishing off a few more titles, and now that I have my 30 HoM points I'm free to spend Plat again, so I may try and hit the next tier in titles before GW2, just because it's fun.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:10AM DarkWalker said

Getting GW do have another draw: reserving names.
From what I remember, character names already in use in GW will be reserved in GW2; as soon as a GW2 account is linked with a GW account, the player can then claim the reserved names.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:28AM Ref Minor said

• 1 heart
Oh dear Massively, getting all over excited again are we, emind me, what was your game of 2011.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:30AM Ocho said

I login from time to time just to keep getting more backstory. GW is an awesome game, it's just never really been able to keep me playing. I hope that by the time GW2 releases that I will have at least made some progress through it.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:39AM TryHardSasquatch said

If I have enough time to get 50/50 of the HoM before GW2 comes out then i'll buy the whole Steam package and get this GW show on the road. But I also know absolutely nothing about the game.

To those that know: Would getting all these HoM achievements be difficult? Do I have enough time to do it? Are there people in game who will be doing the same thing? I don't wanna just solo grind the whole thing.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:48AM ichimaru said

@TryHardSasquatch Looking at Zubon's experience it takes 215 hours of semi-casual play to reach 16 points (though that time also includes quite a bit of idling...).