Posted: Feb 28th 2012 1:09PM (Unverified) said

I can't wait to get this new expansion for Fallen Earth!

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 1:10PM MarkLIVE said

To me, its looks like a Fallen Earth had sex w/ Fallout.

It does look good, but I might stick w/ Fallen Earth, but will keep an eye on this!

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 1:18PM smartstep said

"Game publishers (and a few game news sites) have a funny habit of applying the term MMO to anything and everything under the sun."

Well that's obvious why and I am sure you know as well.
Publishers want to put cash shops in - that's why they put "MMO" tag on everything even if some product is NOT mmo.

I will not take part in this and I will not look at this game again even though I am post-apo 'fan'.

Peace out.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 1:44PM SnarlingWolf said

F2P.... THIRD person shooter.... ugh gross.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 1:56PM Coolit said

Fallen Earth could have been a great game. Take out the quests and open up the pvp. Maybe this game will give us more of a sandbox feel, that a post-apo game should have.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 2:27PM Creepo said

Looks like YET ANOTHER Borderlands clone... only MMO-style.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 3:38PM catweazle said

Went to click on the link to the official website and was met with a message about detected intrussion by hackers.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 8:48AM journeyman said

y'not just play FE?

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 2:48PM CheesecakeBandit said

@journeyman FE really looks pretty bad when you compare it to anything else out at the same time. It is clunky to play. It could not make up its mind if it wanted to be a sandbox or themepark to the detriment of both especially in pvp. The leveling system is unforgiving if you make a mistake(real money respecs) and punishing when it comes to earning AP(or whatever its called). When you get past the atmosphere and crafting, Fallen Earth is a bad game(at least when I played it at start). I also dont know if they dropped XP gain in F2P to make people subscribe(if they did they made a grindy game worse).

Unfortunately, Grimlands does not look much better. Mild graphical improvements but still clunky.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 2:51PM CheesecakeBandit said

@CheesecakeBandit forgot to add, I hate pvp sandboxes. So I am somewhat biased.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 12:55PM zuchaka said

graphics look adequate as long as it does not spend too much time in development that is......

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 3:36PM Radical X said

I believe that this type of MMORPG has staying power with fans and will do well. I'm playing Fallen Earth and have enjoyed other titles like Fallout, Afterfall: Insanity, RAGE and others. The feel and look of these games are well made and I'd expect the same from Grimlands. Don't knock the games, knock the repeativeness of others. These are rare.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014