Posted: Feb 29th 2012 12:39PM Utakata said

@smartstep

That's what I am sort of eluding too. But still there's a mentality here - that is, Google hardcore as opposed WoW hardcore - that suggests community wise this game may not be for me. Which is ridiculous, because this type of game with it's open world and multi-playstyles is the type of game I have been strongly advocating. Now is all spoiled with "I've built 5 tractors; I'm hardcore!" /drool

@(Unverified)

Hey look, a strawman. And your credibility is lost presuming WoW got off that bandwagon since Vanilla. /facepalm

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 4:00PM Nepentheia said

Bloody hell! At this point, what *can't* you do in this game?! XD

This game really really really needs to be made available for the western market!

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 4:25PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I'm thinking GW2 will be the PVE king, and Archtype the PVP king.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 4:40PM (Unverified) said

ArcheAge looks awesome.. the only thing that will be stopping me from playing it is the open PvP thing.. 8..(
If it wasn't for that, I would be all over it! .. looks good.. ish.. .

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 5:04PM baggs said

There's a website that posts regular updates on ArcheAge, they got several people playing it. I dunno if I'm allowed to link to it, so just google "betacake" and you'll find it.

I'm really hyped about ArcheAge, it has so much content, its just ridiculous to even try to compare it to other games. Even released ones.

Only a handful of games have so much stuff to offer to the player, ArcheAge will be a big hit, mark my words.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 5:35PM Tedstery said

Looks okay I guess, not really my type of MMO

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 8:47PM wizyy said

Hmm, this part of the video where everyone thinks it's interior decorating, rather looks to me like it is actually - CRAFTING ARMOR?
I hope it is :)

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:22PM Pars18 said

Looks really cool. I wonder how the tractors will factor in with the labor points system in the game. Will operating them count towards your daily quota in the game? Can you hire other players out to operate your tractors for you?

Imagine building a farming operation to grow crafting materials (like trees for lumber) using a setup with friends and guildies; supplying resources for the playerbase using things you've created, and making money while doing it.

Really like the way this game is shaping up. It sparks the imagination.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 11:07PM Saker said

Looks better, and better! Can't wait! Give it to me now! Even beta I suspect it's better then anything currently available.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 11:40PM highstricker said

just a quick question.
since I haven't been able to find a place to get some clear info on archeage, could some one point me to one?
preferably one for some one who is pretty much ignorant on this game thanks.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 6:33AM smartstep said

@highstricker

www.archeage.com/en

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 6:33AM smartstep said

@highstricker

www.archeage-online.com

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 12:08AM MasterX25 said

• 1 heart
Knowing koreans, this is going to be a grindfest game. Koreans love their grinds.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 8:11AM Utakata said

@MasterX25

...who says this game is anything about grind? Have you played it? And don't say so because its from Korea. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 4:45PM highstricker said

cheers
i had already been to www.archeage-online, but the other seems quite good. i found difficulty at first cause mainly the videos were in Chinese.

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 9:38AM (Unverified) said

How do they power the tractors? Are they magic?

Posted: Feb 29th 2012 11:00AM blackcat7k said

The ideas presented in Archeage are pretty nice to look at, and give me fond memories of games like Ultima Online, but there is something to everyone's concerns about the grind associated.

It's not going to be fun to spend hours and hours gardening, building houses/towns/castles only to have to have them destroyed by players.

Some areas are said to be protected, but I really would like to see clarification on what that exactly means because I know I've seen videos of players being able to kill the NPCs working on player farms.

CBT3 was suppose to have information on PK penalty and court, but I haven't seen much information on that. That's strange since I would think anyone interested in crafting would want to know what deterrents are in place to keep players from constantly harassing crafters in an open PvP system.

Since the materials that you gather for things like guild buildings can be taken away, mounts your riding on can be killed causing you to need them to be resurrected ( a step up from UO where your mount would just flat out die.)

That's something to consider with sandbox games, you get to build a sandcastle, but there will be those who live for nothing more than destroying your creations and the developers have not sufficiently shown the protections in place to deal with such an situation.

One thing I remember from Ultima Online is that if players are ridiculously ganked time and time again they just don't even bother with many of the crafting systems if the amount time invested can be blown away by a random player and tend to run around as bare as possible because of the amount of loss they can expect from a death.

There will always be more destroyers than builders in a game and if Archeage doesn't have a real system to protect the time they invest, they'll find a lot of those grandiose ideas of open world to be pipe dreams because no one will invest in them.