Posted: Feb 27th 2012 4:11PM Synthetic said

For one year I had a One Month Time Card tucked neatly away for safe keeping for when Aion was 'ready' for me. Well, I decided to cash it in and see if that time was now in February.

I downloaded the DRM free client and have been taking careful, measured steps back into the game. I'm glad my account will now be free forevur! and am hoping this move means that my shadow won't be my only companion anymore.

Posted: Feb 27th 2012 4:20PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Dead in the West.

Posted: Mar 5th 2012 12:00AM kalipou134 said

Dead in the West

Posted: Feb 27th 2012 4:31PM lordathon said

Great news... specially those fortress sieges rules. Yah they r ok. About crafting? What's new?!

Posted: Feb 27th 2012 9:18PM Fakeassname said

kinda seems like a push (albeit it a kinda weak one) to make the game appealing to adrift SWG players.

I don't know why I feel that, I just does ....

Posted: Feb 27th 2012 9:27PM nhat said

@Fakeassname L2 did so well that it makes sense to have Aion on this too. It has nothing to do with SWG.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 3:48AM Alba said

• 1 heart
Too bad Tera will crush whats remains of this game....
If u want good pvp like the good old days of L2 Tera is your game.

Not to mention that now aion going f2p all the hackers from infinite aion wil rule atreia

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:19AM Baby Choo Choo said

@Alba

Just stop. Take your fanboyism somewhere else. Please.

I don't understand why people feel the need to do what you do. Nothing in this article nor any other comment mentions Tera, but you clearly feel the need to let everyone know how great it is. It's fine you like it. I don't care, that's your opinion after all.

Just don't come here starting trouble for the sake of it. It's clear you no longer/never liked Aion. Once again, that's fine. Opinions blah blah blah.

Therefore I ask you, why would you purposely click on an article you knew was about Aion if you hate the game? What are hoping to accomplish? Convert everyone to Tera fans? Please, let me know because your comment is the type of comment that the internet could do without. We're all here to have fun and talk about the things we like. That's it.

I've been that asshole bashing games and starting 'internet fights' and for what? Let me tell you, it's all pointless. Let others have their fun and you can have yours with no problem.

No one wants an argument so please don't try to start one. Do it for you, for me, and for everyone visiting and writing for Massively.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 5:08AM Khai mann said

Does anyone know at what time Aion will go live in Europe? It's the 28th and no news on their site.....

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 6:38AM Allenomura said

@Khai mann http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/board3-news/board8-news/2058-collected-info-faq-about-the-transition-happening-now/

In brief, there will be a wait due to testing and loading of the servers, but all flagged transfer players and beta testers will receive an email to let them know once Aion EU is up. Expect something like 8-10h wait before that, all being well.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 9:46AM Orphan said

"Another addition I am not sure how I feel about is the new random stat system. Basically, when a Daeva picks up an item, there is a chance that a stat on the item will actually change! Only some items will have random stats applied, but it will be a real bummer if the stat that you were most wanting actually changes for the worse."

I don't really know how I feel about this but I am curious what the dev intention might be. Is it an attempt at realism of some sort? I just don't understand.

Also, I started up an account and the game looks gorgeous. Combat is quick and the world feels alive. I've read that the game in generally pvp-centric. Is there room at the mid-high lvls for pve minded players?

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 11:34AM Braiks said

@Orphan You don't understand? Have you never played diablo on any other game with randomized loot?