Posted: Feb 27th 2012 7:32PM Warsyde said

I didn't have any issues with the cutscenes being dark, so I suspect it's your video card and/or video settings. I thought the wormhole sequence was especially nice, just for giving a higher resolution view of the wormhole than the rather drab spaceship view you normally see it in.

Strange that the satellites blew up for you. When I failed on my first one I was attached by swarmers, but the satellite itself was unharmed. Perhaps the type of satellite affects what results from failure?

Overall I liked this one a lot better than "Of Bajor" which felt like filler. I had to do it in the basic shuttle (all I had!) and still found it fun. I'm surprised they're including two very rare sets in this series, a ground and a space. Have they ever tossed out so many goodies in feature episodes before?

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 7:28AM seannewboy said

@Warsyde

The cutscenes did have a slight darkness for me too, and i have a "decent" card, they were much darker than prevvious cutscenes.

Sometimes the class items (ships,anomalies, or satellites) either blow up or spawn swarmers.

Posted: Feb 27th 2012 8:53PM Amlin said

One the last map where you meet with the Dominion ships, don't warp out after the event. Instead fly to the lower left corner of the map, funny little easter egg.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 1:50AM Graill440 said

@Amlin

Cool, will have to check that out.

Posted: Feb 27th 2012 9:41PM Kaahn Stewart said

I'm going to say your video issues are likely your settings. I usually play on "Recommended" (2/3 of the default settings) and had no issue at all with lighting. But turn it down a bit for performance, and suddenly lighting on characters that had no issue are very very dark. Almost like their textures are entirely black.

I can't decide if I should ramp up the graphics again for the nice looks and stay at 20-30 FPS, or ramp them down and get the weird graphics bugs, but nice SMOOTH gameplay...

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 6:21AM (Unverified) said

After two years (off and on) of playing STO, I decided to ignore the built in brightness setting thingy ('slightly visible",etc.)
I kicked the brightness up a notch or two and now Star Trek Online is a much brighter, cheerier place.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 7:12AM Renko said

The Vorta cutscene was very dark but the shuttle scene was fine for me, though on the second play through one of the crew was standing on her chair rather than sitting.

I now understand the Darkside Points placeholder joke from last week when this episode was accidently released a week early and unfinished, poor Farek.

All in all probably the best episode in this series so far.

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 7:41AM seannewboy said

I enjoyed this mission once i got the hang of the scanning mini game in the asteroids, until then it was a pain.

I love the continuity they are keeping with their own lore. Im much more pleased with this mission.