Posted: Feb 25th 2012 2:27PM Lenn said

There's a bit missing in your minstrel paragraphs: "Instead, the devs replaced the core combat rotation with a choice of three balads (minor, major, and perfect) that could be applied in any combination of three on a mob to produce a beneficial effect (minor increases damage,"

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 2:51PM (Unverified) said

The Mithril Edition does seem like a sweet deal for new players. It's a shame, then, that everyone who is aware of its existence seems to be existing players.

Anyone who has ever been curious about LOTRO should definitely jump in, play until the F2P content restrictions bite, and then, if you like it, grab the Mthril Edition.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 3:24PM donweel said

I am kind of interested in the Mithril Box but I don't think it is available in Canada.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 5:24PM Space Cobra said

1) "...but this one takes the cake. ... It says that I am to be shunned at parties and talked about to children in a low, urgent tone."

I think the title "Cake-Taker" would do all that and then some! ;p

2) I've been thinking of getting back into LotRO, at least lightly (I was there at Beta/Launch). I got my old disks and even the "Mines of Moria" add-on somewhere in my apartment. I might just buy this Mithril addition, my bandwidth is fine, but I've been running into a few problems downloading this thing (as well as DDO). This would just give me a leg-up and less time to patch it.

Been mostly interested in getting back into Monster-play, but I may not get access to my Spider from what I am reading.

Posted: Feb 26th 2012 1:09AM Nerves said

@Space Cobra

You can unlock your spider with points (795, iirc).

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 5:58PM Softserve said

The whole bandwidth cap thing seems to be becoming more of an issue in the US, so that is a factor to some degree. Mine supposedly is 250 GB a month on AT&T and I have a friend who has a similar setup with Comcast. But it's still more than friends I know around the world... I still can easily download this game and stick it on discs for posterity.

If you pre-order the Mithril edition you get 500 bonus points. So I think it's a pretty good deal if you need any of the stuff in the package... ~$25 worth of points in that situation, plus the additional content in the box.

I don't need any of it at all and I already have some mounts I get instantly account wide, but it's still a decent deal.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 5:58PM Softserve said

My favorite weirder title is Servant of Process.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 9:58PM (Unverified) said

Off-topic, does anyone else think that first picture looks like Robert Englund?

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM