Posted: Feb 25th 2012 12:04PM Hockster said

Small correction, the free armor set is actually the level 50 Fenris or Miragent. You can send it to one character only per account, no weapon or title though.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 12:51PM Greymantle said

They are going all out to try and get people to return. I will check it out again when it goes free to play and patch 3.0 hits.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 1:30PM (Unverified) said

I'll just play on the EU servers thanks

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 4:16PM considebalt said

I guess I could pop back in on my ranger for a bit, need something to do till TSW and GW2 anyway

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 7:19PM Baby Choo Choo said

I'm just letting everyone know, if this is anywhere close to the L2 re-launch, it will be so incredibly packed from the lower to mid levels that it will be a chore to get anything done. Don't get me wrong, I love Aion, but I just don't want anyone to get their expectations up and expect to just hop right in and blast through the content with no trouble lol.

Though, for all I know, maybe it won't be packed and leveling will be no problem at all. I'm just saying, make sure you have a backup plan.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 7:50PM Arcline said

@Baby Choo Choo

It's better than having no one to group with for the lower level instances. I mean, I have a 54/55 but I was thinking of rolling an alt for the hell of it. At least this time through I might be able to party for the more obsolete instances as I level.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 8:16PM Baby Choo Choo said

@Arcline

True, that is an upside. I think it was about 2 months ago that I logged in and man, lower level areas are completely barren. I saw a few people here or there, but that was it. I guess there's both a really good and a really bad side to the impending f2p transition then.

Posted: Feb 25th 2012 11:29PM nhat said

Just to let everyone know. Anyone that is trying out the 10 DAY Trial can't convert to the rally the troops event unless you buy a full copy (which you can get for $10 at amazon and get a full armor suit for the event) or start over with the event account.

Posted: Feb 26th 2012 1:05AM Beltyra said

Theres a post on the main site telling people to apply their veteran rewards now (even if you are inactive) before Monday or else you wont be able to apply them!

Posted: Feb 26th 2012 7:59AM Baby Choo Choo said

@Beltyra

omg thank you for this. I don't visit the site so I would've completely missed out on this assuming they didn't send an email about it...or did they already send an email about it and I just didn't read it?

lol, I would not be surprised if it was the latter

Posted: Feb 26th 2012 9:48AM Arcline said

@Baby Choo Choo

I don't believe they sent out an email either. Probably overshadowed by their current campaign.

Posted: Mar 4th 2012 7:59AM Chiren said

I tried to get back into Aion, but I keep getting this error now: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7062/6951967195_dbef48f8b8_o.png

-------------------------------------------------
AION GameClient OTCBuildClient32_woGG has stopped working.

[(1204 :MultiThread) 2012/03/04 07:28:50]: =======================
an Access Violation in module nvapi.dll at 0023:67a4ddcd.
-------------------------------------------------

Going to Aion forums, it looks like a number of people have been running into this issue: http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/forumdisplay.php?f=6

However unfortunately it also looks like no official reply has been put out by NCSoft on what the problem is or how to fix it.

... sigh ...

Posted: Mar 5th 2012 8:31PM Chiren said

Not sure if anyone will come back and read this, but I was able to resolve my issue in a slightly unsavory way.

Via a "Custom Clean Install", I reverted back to the 285.62 version of NVidia drivers (Windows 7 64bit, GeForce GTX 560 Ti). I only seem to get the error above if I'm running the 295.73 of the NVidia drivers.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny