Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 2:53PM digitalheadbutt said

When WoW: The Burning Crusade launched I used 1 week of paid vacation so that I could rush to the new level cap with my buddies. If I had someone now that could take up the slack for me, I would have taken time off for the SW:TOR launch. I am glad I didn't use it for SW:TOR since even with casual play, I hit 50 in about 3 weeks.

These days it would have to be a pretty big deal of a launch to justify taking time off but I totally will if I think it's a worthwhile game. Like if I had planned ahead I would take a couple days off to play Mass Effect 3.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 4:44PM (Unverified) said

Yup. I took every expansion launch day in Everquest from Kunark to Planes of Power off work. I've taken most of the Friday/Mondays surrounding City of Heroes' double xp weekends too. Q XP weekends in STO I've taken off for as well. I'd do it again too. Doing so doesn't prevent me from taking my six weeks of vacation time (yeah, I'm not a typical American. I value my vacation days and actually use all of them)

Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 6:25PM Thefoxkit said

I don't think I'll do that, but It's more like I can't, as a small business owner my constant presence is required to keep my company running on work hours, if something come out then I'll be more likely to take time off play to work :D

Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 8:59PM Vazzaroth said

I work about 30 hours from home at a job that can, at times, have a lot of downtime so finding time to play games is never an issue. I actually wish I went to work sometimes so I could appreciate my games more... but then a new release comes out and I love it.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 2:29AM (Unverified) said

I usually like to think "No I wouldn't! I can't take a day off from work because maybe someone will need me to do something important", however this is usually not the case. But if GW2 were to magically plop itself down on my desk right now I might seriously consider it.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 2:54AM Lumin said

Heh, yes. I have done some serious schedule twisting and appointment-cancelling to accommodate gaming this year.