Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 10:23PM Joshua Przygocki said

Sounds like it requires cooperation... Am I the only one that worries about a lack of such a rare resource?

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 3:15AM Kaage said

@Joshua Przygocki

Although cooperation is usually a rare resource in the original PS players did work together and do coordinated attacks. Its games like these that make players work together as a team and it really does make me happy.

Personally Im not going to worry about that as people will quickly learn that you can't go all rambo and expect to win. Expect a clear chain of command, in depth tactics and all that kind of lovely stuff!

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 1:23PM Anatidae said

@Joshua Przygocki I found plenty of coordination in the first PS.

Part of making a team-based game is putting in the tools for people to easily communicate, clearly know what the objectives are, and reward team play.

Like Left4Dead - you just can't do it alone. The game is so designed around team play that people do it. Even if you get a real jerk player, as long as they are not team-killing, you still work together.

My only hope is that weapons/classes that resemble a sniper are limited in some way. In most FPS games I feel sniper equipment should have a number limit on them just like vehicles do. And that is mostly to force players out of the mostly useless role and join the team.

The original PS didn't really have a huge sniper problem. I don't even remember why, but I rarely found myself annoyed in a battle by having most of my team hiding way out in the bushes somewhere. May that problem NOT get added to this game.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 6:24PM Fenrys said

@Joshua Przygocki Join an outfit (aka a guild or clan) and get on TeamSpeak (or Vent or Mumble, whichever your outfit uses). Not everybody will cooperate, but your organized team of 30 can make things happen.

@Anatidae Snipers were needed in Planetside to suppress Anti-Vehicle weapon using infantry so that your tanks could advance. Tanks would suppress Anti Aircraft fire so that your flyers could keep the infantry pinned down. Once your air and armor were in place, snipers could advance for close quarters combat.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 10:30PM Kalu said

It will be amazing. My only concern is they are region locking us!! :( very upset. Its not confirmed but was mentioned :(

Cant wait either way though!

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 2:37AM Rener732 said

And I'll imagine a game ready to preview and write about ;-)

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing more on PS2 and trying it eventually.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 3:40AM Miffy said

Shame it'll be region locked, I'll pass as I've learnt my lesson before with SOE.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 5:07AM Renko said

I've given up all interest in this game since their region locking nonsense!

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 8:16AM (Unverified) said

We will see. What the devs see in their mind rarely occurs once players get involved.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 8:41AM Wic said

Wont be playing it if SOE arent running it in EU.

One of the good things SOE offered over any other company was region unlocking so people could play with friends from all around the world.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 8:51AM markt50 said

I used to be interested in Planetside 2, then I took a ProSiebenSat1 arrow to the knee.

I am so, so sorry :p

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 1:11PM Cavadus said

IS IT OUT YET?!?!?!

;)

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 3:10PM Budukahn said

I miss Planetside. Thanks to region locking, I'm going to continue missing Planetside. No way I'm getting involved with that awful German company.