Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 4:05PM Space Cobra said

@Seffrid

While I also don't like region-locking, some of the points you brought up are not relevant to the topic such as "Live Gamer" but others are; that is a totally different issue from Region-Locking.

Also, I know this must be the case now, but you should bring your concerns to the SOE forums to be heard there. Because, hey, "EQMac" is waving over there. Use that as inspiration for your cause.

But also, I have to answer:

"Also… I just have to ask. Region Locking in 2012?"

Unfortunately, Yes. Actually, you were much better off in the past where there was little to no Region Locking. Given licensing, territorial boundaries, and how companies are now more internet-savy, this is now an unfortunate by-product of such deals and licensed property agreements. "Legally", I can't buy a David Hassellhoff music CD only sold to the German market or a Doraemon DVD (or Doraemon-shaped Shaved Ice Maker) sold only to Japan unless I go through a third party, which is technically not legal, but will probably be never enforced.

Again, I don't support region-locks, but I am seeing the internet cut up nowadays where it was not before for various reasons that mostly have to do with territorial rights, even though that sounds silly for end-users, it is a big deal for some companies.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 2:12PM Space Cobra said

Man, those guys at SOE.... I know you want your monitors to be bright but for gods sake (and your eyes) turn up some background lights in your studio!!! ;P

I bet it's easy to take a nap when no one's watching with that amount of light (minus the camera light used for filming).

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 2:32PM (Unverified) said

Looks like Greenscale.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 2:42PM Nepentheia said

@(Unverified)

*chuckles* Yeah, no kidding. Already seen this dragon... in Rift! ;-)

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 2:45PM mattaui said

@(Unverified) Yeah, when I first saw the picture, before I saw the headline, I thought it -was- Greenscale. Complete and total coincidence I'm sure!

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 4:27PM ir0nw0lf said

Lumpy needs to hit up some Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig! Pretty porky for a dragon LOL.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 5:38PM Joaquin Crowe said

Isn't that a RIFT dragon?