Posted: Feb 21st 2012 12:45PM LeBouc said

I lol'ed at CCP Guard's impression of Hitler's "emorage" gesticulation in The Downfall :D

Oh CCP we do love you, monoclegate or not..

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 12:56PM (Unverified) said

Am I the only person that can't see how the Amarr Impairor has changed/improved in any way whatsoever? The rest look nice though.

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 4:13AM Artificial said

@(Unverified) Looks like the design is staying basically the same, they're just upping the texture quality and adding some details here and there. Not totally surprising as the Impairor is the best looking of the rookie ships (indeed one of the better looking ships in the game) -- obviously they weren't unhappy with it, so they're just tweaking it a bit. Don't fix what ain't broken, right? :)

Posted: Feb 24th 2012 4:21AM Artificial said

@(Unverified) Actually, going back and taking a look in the game, they've changed quite a bit on the Impairor, particularly on the bottom, but also the engines in the back.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 1:11PM ChrisDin said

• Half a heart
Really? This is what CCP thinks they need to spend time on? Slightly redesigning the ships everyone is in a hurry to get out of? What's next, shuttles? Meanwhile, at least half the ships in the game have no real purpose...

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 2:05PM mikejr said

@ChrisDin

They all more or less have a purpose, however once you're able to fly every sub-cap in the game there are a few you wouldn't bother with. Likewise, when you're limited to a single races varient, having a sub-optimal ship available is better than nothing.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 4:32PM kgptzac said

@ChrisDin
It's important to project a favorable impression to new players. It's a campaign of CCP that shouldn't come as a surprise or news to the current Eve players.

Although it is kinda silly. That Ebis looks like a Tech 3 ship, lol.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 4:25AM Mcgreag said

@ChrisDin There are almost 200 ships in eve, of course there are going to be ships with less usefulness than others, anything else would be a miracle.

That said going through the list of ships I can only find a handful that have little to no real purpose or usefulness.
Looking at the Caldari ships we have the standard Badger (not Mark II), the Bantam possibly and then the railgun line of ships (moa, ferox, eagle, rokh) might be slightly questionable but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they have no real purpose.
So out of 40 or so ship at most 6 but more like one or two have no use.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 8:42AM Xilmar said

@Mcgreag

It's true, it's about time CCP gets rid of some haulers Itty mk2 and 3, The point of those ships is lost forever.

On the other hand, the caldari rail ships are more popular. Not for everyone ofc, but in PVP they're really awesome sniping boats. A rail rokh/eagle can be devastating, as well as good fun. Their purpose is there, even though it might not be for everyone - which is great.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 3:24PM ChrisDin said

@Mcgreag

I was referring more to the Tech 1 frigs and cruisers that only serve a purpose for a couple weeks (mining Osprey?) if ever at all. Electronic Attack Ships? Not much demand for those.

My point isn't to trash these ships, but beyond an E-Uni blob or a comedy RvB fleet, how much use are they getting?

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 3:27PM ChrisDin said

That said (sorry for the double post), I look forward to any art design updates. I quit the game for a year and came back to discover my Sacrilege looked better than ever! Can't wait to see more!

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 4:57PM Mcgreag said

@ChrisDin Well I am 100m sp player and I found myself in an ospray not long ago because while I do have a lot of skills none of those are in mining. So then I wanted to help some newer players with mining the osprey was the obvious choice.

I have also used condors and vigils and shuttles with microwarpdrives plenty of times.

And there have to be stepping stones. Even if isk is easier than ever to come by not everyone can afford a T3 or even a BC after a few weeks.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 2:38PM Zyrusticae said

I just feel the need to point out these slides hinting at future recolorable ships:

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 4:55PM DairamX2 said

Change the prophecy, the front looks gorgeous but the back...ouch

Posted: Feb 22nd 2012 8:48AM Xilmar said

Good thing to tackle i guess. It can't be good for new players to start out in a terrible Ibis.

Best improvement is the caldari one...it now looks like an incursus, really cool.