Posted: Feb 21st 2012 3:27AM Traptz said

@Clemalum07
Wanna see a funny thread comprised of current SWTOR subscribers?

Yea..and those are the people that are still paying for the game. Just goes to show that you shouldn't act like this game is the best thing since sliced bread. You clearly don't have much MMO experience from reading your other posts so I'll give you a pass and just chalk it up to you being angry you're still paying for a broken game.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 8:46AM Clemalum07 said

@Traptz
2-3hour queues weeks after a STAGGERED LAUNCH?

There were not 2-3 hour ques "WEEKS" after launch. Hell there werent 2-3 hour queues the first week. I was on Veela one of the highest pop servers and never had anything more than 45 mins max. New MMOs will always have queues Deal with it.

- Countless PVE bugs that caused places to be impassable? Like bosses not resetting properly, bosses being stuck on nightmare mode for first timers, I could literally go on all day about this.

Did not encounter those. Most people didnt either.

- Illum Ilum sucked

- Memory leak that left people out of the game for up to a week

Once again false BS. You complain about queues then say that people couldnt get in you cant have it both ways.

- Tickets not being answered and auto-closed after 5 days of waiting

No experience with this. My tickets were answered. I am part of a very large guild didnt see anyone complaining about this in chat.

- HeroEngine causing spell lag during PVP & PVE situations

90% of this has been fixed.

- Random FPS drops under 10FPS due to the terrible engine(Yes even on amazing PC's)

I am calling Horse shit on this one as well. My machine is 3 years old and runs the game perfectly fine. I dont have these drops in FPS. Once again large guild saw very few people with these complaints.

- Class quest bugs that prevented you from moving on

No experience with this either. My class quests were great and went on without a hitch. The only way you could have a bug like that is if you did something unusual to make it happen.

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT LAUNCH BRO. Rift had a 10x better launch than this and Trion is a 1/4 the size of Bioware.

Rift had large queues and server crashings (Bioware has ZERO server stability issues). Also comparing a launch of maybe 250k to one of approx 2 Million shows you are an ignorant hater.

its time to move on you are spouting BS about a game you dont even like. You are an obsessed little child. I dont like WoW but I dont troll WoW posts. Grow up kid no one cares what you think.

Posted: Feb 20th 2012 10:22PM (Unverified) said

I agree with some above. The combat is the worst part of SWTOR, so new blood in that role is a good thing

Posted: Feb 20th 2012 10:40PM Shardie said

Well good luck to them; Six years has been a long time to be working on a game, best for some new pastures.

Posted: Feb 20th 2012 11:31PM Maseno said

A SWoWTOR non-news news headline without 300+ replies? About time the hype on this game died down.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 12:47AM Cyroselle said

@Maseno TERA speculation seems to be grabbing a lot more eyes these days.

Could just be a case of the Mondays though. /wink

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 12:38AM Valentina said

This doesn't spell out trouble for SW:TOR, although I knew people would probably jump to that assumption right away; their positions are not particularly important now, and pretty easily replaced. Most games developers leave or are reassigned after they come out, there's nothing left for them to really do at this point, and from the sounds of it they've been planning this for a good while now. Lead devs left WOW after it launched, ArenaNet has faced several losses over the last couple of years from the GW2 team, this is the cycle of the gaming industry.

SW:TOR didn't have a rocky launch from either a sales, or technical standpoint. It did, however, face a few more issues than they, or anyone probably would of hoped for but said issues were fixed pretty much immediately and the game was smooth sailing ever since. With 1.2 in under a month featuring tons of new content, 2 expansions already in development, the massive marketing blitz they've started a couple weeks ago, SW:TOR is in for a long and lucrative ride.

I wish these developers all the best, and I will keep an eye out for their game!

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 12:54AM Cyroselle said

@Valentina I'm on the outside looking in, and would very much like to see the game do well, since I'd like to eventually play it, since I really enjoyed my time in beta.

So for fixes, yes, B/W seem to have fixed a majority of what was wrong at the game's core, including the ability lag, which is excellent.

However what is currently holding me to my perch on this fence is that player/NPC textures are still very muddy on high res settings. In fact, if the articles, screenshots and youtube videos I've been watching are to be believed, you can have your settings maxed out and still receive armor, face and accessory textures that aren't quite up to par with MMOs that were released in 2007.

Not really game-breaking though, just disappointing.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 1:01AM Valentina said

@Cyroselle

I do agree that the out-of-cinematic character armor resolution situation is very strange. It depends very highly on both the armor pieces you're wearing, and only effects armor, as the characters themselves are high res, as are lot's of the armors, but there seem to be just as many armor pieces that are muddied and smudged looking. I somewhat wonder if it isn't a bug to some degree as I have seen on my own characters gear that it will start out high resolution and then smudge out after a while.

However, BioWare said in one of their post-launch statements that they're working to bring the cinematic-quality character resolutions to the active-game via the graphics settings! I think this is coming in 1.2 or 1.3 so keep an eye out. 1.2 arrives in March just to give you a little idea of when to look.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 7:09AM dudes said

Story writer leaving, Dev's leaving, what's next, Bioware leaving to go indie? I would not be at all surprised.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 10:39AM (Unverified) said

If the new games website is any indication, this new game has fail written all over it. Vikings? Come on.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 1:14PM Ryukan said

@(Unverified)

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I predict these guys wanting their old jobs back not long after their indie project comes out hehe.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 11:47AM ReadingRambo said

This is very TYPICAL at the end of a long project.

These guys were paid to produce a product and the finished that product. This happens with ALL projects big and small.

(Don't start about how SWTOR isn't done. MMOs are never done. That's not the point I am making. So stop right there.)

New people will come in and take up the roles. This is how business functions.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM