Posted: Feb 20th 2012 7:36PM Xirik said

at the beginning I was hyped about this game but now after seeing all the gw2 fan boys being the king of trolls for the past year I am worried that the community is going to be worse then WoW.

Posted: Feb 20th 2012 9:02PM Adeptus Enginus said

@Xirik

I would refer you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect

Every single game has this problem nowadays, especially games with a big following. You'd be better not letting it impact your opinion, if not flat out disregarding it all together.

Posted: Feb 20th 2012 11:14PM avaloner said

Would have been nice if you had a third reporter play the beta who was not already a fan of the game. Someone like... Jeff:P (well i assume he is not a GW fan) or someone with no preconcieved expectations of the game. That said, I enjoyed reading the reviews nontheless.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 12:47AM Valentina said

I'm kind of tired of these "this game, or that game" arguments. I think it's safe to assume at this point that every good MMO that comes out is going to have it's core following, it may be a bit more, or less successful than the previous or the newest title, but at the end of the day none of these games are going to "kill" each other. SW:TOR has over 2 million subscribers at this point, it didn't really kill anything but it is a massive success. GW2 will probably sell a couple million copies and have a couple million players, maybe even a few million because it's B2P and not a subscription game, but it probably won't end up making as much money as SW:TOR even if it has more players. It could be a phenomenal success, despite it's lack of a massively enthralled following off the bat, or it could sort of putter out. Nobody knows at this point, it's already been shown in this genre that the quality or potential of a game doesn't necessarily spell out success for a game, we've seen great games fall flat and mediocre games soar. Ironically the one thing they all have in common is that they don't really effect each other. Most people play more than one game nowadays, chances are this time next year the same people are playing GW2 that are playing WoW, or SW:TOR.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 2:59AM avaloner said

@Valentina I guess many people find a world where people can play games they like and maybe even play more then one game in peace boring. Many people like the drama of "game X wilk kill gamw Y" or "game X is a WOW clone LOLZ ans deserves to DIAF" etc.

I guess Humans are like that thou, we find history about peace makers boring and war makers or political infighting etc more interesting. If everyone just thought happy thoughts about games and saw other games they don't play as just games they don't play but know some people do and enjoy them and are happy for them, then sites like Massively would arguably be less popular and possibly even downright boring.

But I do agree it does get annoying reading the same stuff over and over a game. New game coming down the pipe is gona kill WOW or be alot differnt then everything before it. Its gona be really fun and have very little wrong with it. In short its going to be almost perfect.

Heard it so many times now about many differnt games. GW2 is just the next down the chute. Time will tell how it lands.

Posted: Feb 21st 2012 3:14AM Randomessa said

@avaloner

And yet there is still such a thing as reality, and a proper skeptic will consider evidence before determining whether something is true or false. It's the easy way out to determine that everyone is lying and the only way to know anything is to experience it oneself, and it's also just as fallacious a position to take as the one that trusts any and every claim that is made on the face of it.

There's nothing wrong with asking for evidence, and if presented with some form of evidence, comparing it with evidence that was presented in other cases, to determine which is more likely to be accurate. Every developer is not lying to you just because they're developers, and every fan is not delusional just because they're excited about their pet project.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2012 8:35PM (Unverified) said

I am trying to avoid reading information. The more I hear the more hyped I get. I wasn't even a GW fan, but I see myself becoming a GW2 fan in the distant future.

Just hope my 2600k (4.5ghz) and 480 gtx, is up to the task. :-)

Posted: Feb 28th 2012 3:51AM Alba said

PPL think gw2 will revolutionize the genre or it is the second coming of christ....
Keep dreaming this game is OK for a f2p game thats it.
wont mention half the content gw2 have is a direct copy of RIFT

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM