Posted: Feb 18th 2012 2:37PM Lenn said

And don't forget to check on the hobbit who got himself stuck in the large hedge surrounding Bree.

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 12:30AM aurickle said

@Lenn
Agreed! That's one of my favorite little bits of eye candy in the entire game.

Posted: Feb 18th 2012 7:21PM Shazzie said

The Cat Lady's house has always been accessible. I stumbled across it for the first time in the early access pre-order period, and it used to be a silly location me & my friend would visit often. The Inn League Keg just vastly increased the amount people who knew about it.

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 3:32AM Stormwaltz said

@Shazzie

Yeah, you're right. I blundered across the Cat Lady's house when I was first exploring Bree. That was... October of 2007, I think? Before the first keg was added to the game, certainly.

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 5:43AM ddavidt said

Thanks for giving this area the recognition it so richly deserves, Justin.

Archet was the location of my first leveling in any MMO, let alone LOTRO, and will always be my favorite setting, The Archet Theme Music never fails to bring back fond memories of my delighted newbieness there.

So you can kill Sniken? I didn't know that.

Doesn't every city/town/village have at least one cat house? ;)

My first time in the Big City of Bree I went exploring on my own without the guidance of the city tour quest. Found the Prancing Pony, kept looking around, went down this street and that path, and found myself in Beggar's Alley. Where I got mugged.

I am loving the fact that you as a veteran player and blogger have started a new character from scratch and are now writing about the experience. This series is going to be a lot of fun to read!

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 1:20PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
the early quests were very good in this game, the reason i left was due to the horrible questlines they added in RoI

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 2:42PM Alfrodul said

I find that one of the most memorable story arcs is the Wheatley family. First meeting Wil Wheatley when Archet is still whole, then finding his wife Addie as a refugee in Bree's "Mud Alley" looking for her sons Amlach and Malin. I think that it's more powerful because they're not all part of the same quest line and you could miss the connection if you aren't reading all the flavour text (or aren't a Man and missed the pre-razed Archet). It's one family of quests that has stuck with me more than most even after four years of playing.

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 7:54PM mael said

This is the only mmo i never cancel my account , it just stays great post Justin.