Posted: Feb 17th 2012 4:21PM (Unverified) said

Honestly, good for them. They thought it was needed, so they did it. That thing they were thinking of asking the community "what do you think we should do" just looked tawdry and unprofessional. Sure, that could describe a lot of what is done with this game, but putting a call like this in the hands of the community is just dumb. If they're going to be damned, let them be damned for who they really are. The MMO player community are not the ones to guide decisions like this.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 5:30PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Their might be merit in your words, but IMO, this actually made them appear better in my eyes: They made a decision, got input that then made them re-evaluate it from the vocal player base. They then re-evaluated it internally, fairly quickly, and went through. They considered and weighed the counter evidence and made a judgement on it. That is "Aces" and gives SQENIX the upper hand.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 4:24PM Irem said

I like the renamed servers! My character is on Besaid, though, and I'm sad that I won't end up on Ridill.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 5:19PM mysecretid said

So, as someone who doesn't play the FF games, I'm curious: are these server mergers the result of the post-launch population settling down, or is the game having trouble with player retention in general?

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 6:56PM Raikulxox said

@mysecretid They were waiting for the subscription fee to come back before merges. But the game is having trouble with populatiion in general for how many servers it had, so I guess both?

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 5:27PM Space Cobra said

As I remember...Besaid was the player chosen "unofficial" RP server and Lindblum came in second. Is that still the case or did this get changed? I can't imagine it changing but caps kinda hurt folks who are not in the game but may return in the future, unless you don't mind doing away with such a convention.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 7:05PM fatedruby said

@Space Cobra
Judging by the forums, the RPers will stay on the merged server (Balmung).

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 7:06PM fatedruby said

One thing that I found to be quite interesting is the amount of whining over Sargatanas's server name. Sure, Sargatanas wasn't that famous of a weapon from Final Fantasy IX, but the ****storm on the forum over something that simple was amusing, to say the least.

Posted: Feb 19th 2012 3:43AM ReclusiVe said

getting rid of Rabanastre? I'm done.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:44PM Nyyankee said

@ReclusiVe youre done? cause the name of your server changed? too funny.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories