Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:04AM nhat said

High res packs are becoming more popular which is good because Harddrive space isn't an issue anymore.

If you have a good rig to run Battlefield 3 textures on ultra, the textures look AMAZING. You'll never want to go back to anything lower again, lol.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:04AM Vinzix said

Even better graphics? O_O

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:32PM (Unverified) said

@Vinzix

I know right!! Your telling me it will look even better then the video I linked? Holy crap!!!

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 2:22PM Vundal said

@Vinzix hahaha i thought the same thing ! game was already making me just pan the camera around to see the amazing scenery

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 2:25PM Lateris said

@(Unverified) You have to love what can be done with the UT III engine. Some of the physics remind me of a song about Jello.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:05AM kgptzac said

Didn't anticipate this. .. I guess that's the limitation of YouTube. would be good if there is a torrent for a huge patch.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:08AM Deliverator said

To buy or not to buy. That is the question.
Jef - what are the chances this game gets knocked dead by NCSoft?

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:23AM Jef Reahard said

@Deliverator

I wish I could answer that. Unfortunately/predictably En Masse and NCsoft are completely silent on the legal matters. My guess is that it will launch as planned, since it did so in Korea despite litigation, but I can't say for sure.

I went ahead and bought a CE. It looks like a great game in spite of my personal misgivings.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:30AM Deliverator said

@Jef Reahard
Thanks for the reply. I agree it really looks fun and I've been waiting for years for some progression in MMO combat. I'll probably go ahead and order. I guess thinking about it,I bought SWTOR, played in the beta and then for about 2 weeks into launch before I got bored and quit. So net/net Tera getting cancelled would have about the same effect on my wallet. It would suck more though.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:01PM Alex Oglitchkin said

@Deliverator No chance of it happening. Just like it's already out in Korea and other places.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:02PM silver001 said

@Jef Reahard Just remember that the U.S has stronger laws and it is more likely to put an injunction on a product which effectively prevents its release than Asian countries. Which is what Apple is doing with Samsung Galaxy 10.1 in certain regions in the world.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:22PM paterah said

@silver001 The lawsuit will most probably fail anyway.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:24PM Deliverator said

@paterah
what makes you say that?

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:32PM TryHardSasquatch said

@paterah

Well idk about that but it'll either fail or they'll make a settlement for some millions of dollars. I doubt they'll let the game go down

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:41PM paterah said

@Deliverator Because it's the only game they got and they've been working on it for years plus the fact that they probably did some research on what they've been getting into before they picked up the game, besides the company is composed of industry veterans. They will very likely lose a couple millions though.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:55PM Deliverator said

@paterah
I guess that I'm always cautious of the risk to reward model companies follow. There's always the possibility that they already suspect they'll get closed down and are trying to recoup whatever they can through pre-order dollars. It's a pessimistic viewpoint I realize, but not unheard of.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:30AM Snichy said

Judging by the (albeit limited) forum posts I have read, it is still a bit unclear whether the EU client had the HD textures already or not. The EU client was bigger for the EU for the "sneak peak" than the US version, and todays patch is significantly larger for the US than the EU patch which leads some to think that it is due to including the HD textures (whereas EU already had them). But others argue that the EU version wouldn't have them before the US so cant possibly have them already.

I have no idea but I will say that whilst Tera looked great on my (EU) client, it didn't exatly look HD, and I have a monster rig! I guess we will find out by the time CBT1 comes around, unless someone here can quote a source to say definitively?

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 12:46PM Plastic said

@Snichy

I played both the Korean and EU clients, and the first thing I said after logging into the EU client "why does everything look so washed-out? Also, the client was much smaller than the korean version. So, when I heard about the lack of hi-rez textures, it made sense.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 2:34PM Kawaii Five0 said

@Snichy
I've read conflicting reports about whether or not the EU version was using the hi-rez textures. To my knowledge, Frogster has never come out and given a straight answer on the issue. However, I've been comparing screenshots I took in Velika on both EU and NA versions (both at max settings) and am unable to notice a difference between the two.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 11:33AM Unshra said

I hope this address the low rez builds like the cabins, farms etc, it really bugged me to see such a nice looking world then run into structures that looks like they came right our of old Eastern MMO like SilkRoad in terms of their texture quality. So hopefully this updates those textures as well and not just player and landscape. Looking forward to seeing what's changed.