Posted: Feb 15th 2012 4:34PM MonkeyTiez said

This serious is a great idea! Getting more people into the Foundry and the players get something out it? Its a win!

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 8:55AM Vic Fontaine said

@MonkeyTiez
It's interesting, but I don't think it's a good idea to restrict the storyline so much. I don't pretend to play even 1% of all the foundery missions, but I don't like the idea of it being bloated with the same basic story 1000+ times.

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 6:05PM Blyn said

i am SO GLAD the title isn't :

"Foundry issues challenge all Star Trek Captains"

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 7:05AM Pyrii said

• 1 heart
@Blyn Pretty much the truth though, the foundry in it's current state lacks content, has serious bugs and limitations. And is serious under-supported.

The fact they've released this challenge is a joke as there's no way to do anything better than what's already in the foundry.

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 7:25PM (Unverified) said

Hopefully it will be even better when The Foundry is incorporated into the upcoming (D&D) "Neverwinter" game too

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 11:15PM StClair said

"Look, a distraction!" *point* "Now go make us some more free content!"

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 8:19AM MetaReal said

I think it's a great idea. I love Star Trek and like to tinker with creation tools but they shouldn't oblige to pay a sub to create something in the foundry (even a test). User generated content can increase the lifespan/interest of a MMO and developers should encourage it. I have no problem with paying for stuff in a F2P MMO but it shouldn't be on creation tools. I could have contributed but I won't.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 8:57AM Vic Fontaine said

@MetaReal
Agreed fully.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 6:50PM (Unverified) said

*snorts* This might be nice if the reward wasn't a joke. 500 Cryptic Points? Only 500? For those of you who don't know, their "prize' is $5 or the same amount the Gold players earn per month for free. Screw that.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 8:59AM Vic Fontaine said

@(Unverified)
It's actually $5 for 400, so it's actually $6.25. A very idiotic exchange rate meant to confuse those who don't know how to use a calculator.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 4:43AM (Unverified) said

It is a distraction i'm afraid. These devs need to use the money they are getting for more then trying to make new items for people to buy in store. I logged in today to do the new dominion missions only to find they will be releasing them ONE AT A TIME every saturday. That is not new content patching that is ridiculous even for a F2P game it's ridiculous and Lazy and will not bring in new people sorry, but you need to step up the content patches and the new STF's it's been a year.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 1:51PM StClair said

@(Unverified)
In their defense (something I'm finding harder and harder to do these days), the idea is to mimic the schedule of an actual television series: one new episode every week. Let me guess, you're the sort who likes to wait for the DVD so you can watch the whole season?