Posted: Feb 15th 2012 10:18PM Daeths said

Silly CMA people. When will you learn well choose the silly option when given the option. Rap it!

Oh, and the butler did do it, but not to another butler. No, it was the chauffeur.

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 10:36PM JuliusSeizure said

My votes indicate that I wish to see a rap about Miyazaki Hayao's Inception of Narnia. Because that would be amazing.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 9:21AM Deliverator said

@JuliusSeizure
My name is Hayao and I'm here to say,
I animated Narnia for my fans today
I drew up the world, projected in your head
but if you die in here, you really are dead
ahh pfff, ahhh pff, squicky, squicky pfff pfff
ahh pfff, ahhh pff, squicky, squicky pfff pfff

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 6:46PM JuliusSeizure said

@Deliverator

Well, it's a start.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 1:22PM enamelizer said

You don't seem to be enjoying Ryzom too much eh?

I really like the chat bubbles, and find myself actually reading the quest text, which I don't normally do. It also helps that many quests have details you need to know that aren't in the quest description. The bubble make it seem much more like that person is talking to me, and is much more engaging than the "modern" quest presentation.

That being said, the game's story is not presented thru quests, these starter island ones are merely tutorials. You do get a little of the backstory on the started island, but the game's story is presented via live events.

Posted: Feb 17th 2012 10:14AM avidlurker said

Well, if you really are bothered about questing on Silan, then yes go to the mainland.

I believe you simply don't have the time anymore to craft anything for yourself anymore. Only 2 weeks of Choose My Adventure left.

Go to the mainland and have yourself treked through as much scenery as possible.
I was plodding along and wondering whether I should stick around or not until I was treked around the jungle by a lvl 125 to get a faction point chain mission done.
The mission is a boring take stuff from A to B to...F or so, but you visit every region of Witherings (the jungle continent) apart from the Great Outback to do so... and boy can the more open areas like The Void or Groves of Umbra be beautiful at night with a clear sky or at twilight even better.

See if you can get treks from at least the Jungle through to the Desert, that one is fairly uncomplicated.
Especially on weekends there tends to be at least one big trek doing the full tour of the capital cities. Try to get on one of those.
Getting to the Forest reportedly is messy due to heavy aggro in a region called Heretics Hovel (or was that Hermits Hovel? I forget). For that trek you probably need a larger group ideally with a few masters in there, or so I hear.

What ever you do, visit the city Pyr. It's the capital of the Fyros and probably the nicest city on atys.

Yesterday I joined my guild on a trek through the Prime Root regions connected to the Jungle and the Desert. I forget the names, but it's the long narrow one in the very center of the complete map of Atys.
An absolutely wonderful experience.

Re: Crafting.
Yes, the mission rewards on Silan make crafting mostly useless there.
I suspect they are equivalent to gear made from Excellent grade materials and those are simply not available on Silan.
This changes completely on the mainland. You will not really get any gear anymore just handed out by NPCs. You will rely on crafting there.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 8:09AM Khanadir said

Re: "Rather than having an array of attacks useful in different situations, I had... well, an attack and a self-heal and a couple of spells, which didn't seem to be much more or less useful than my physical attacks. Instead of being a matter of carefully using the right skills, combat was a matter of waiting to auto-attack something to death and making sure I didn't die."

Since the Island of Silan is a merely a tutorial, you have not yet learned enough combat stanzas to have "an array of attacks" but by the time you leave you should be able to have attacks which cause extra damage, bleeding, have increased accuracy, slow your opponent's attacks, or even ignore your opponent's armor. I had the basic attack and 3 special attacks when I left Silan. Later, you can learn other things like the Circular attack ( an AoE), directed attacks against specific body parts (head shots), and using the stanzas you can mix and match these components to have your own custom made attacks (such as, Improved accuracy with bleeding, or Extra damage and bleeding or all three, or something else entirely.)