Posted: Feb 14th 2012 6:40PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Im very sad when I say this, but my son & I rather watch Tera youtube videos then log into swtor right now :(

I have the CE box set and the std version of swtor both accounts sub'd for 6months. I like it, just feel like I beat the game already. My 1st toon was an Imperial Agent and the story was amazing! Did some pvp @50 and moved on to an alt. I lvl'd my Sith Sorc to lvl 40 and to be honest the story "so far" is nowhere as good as the 1st one. I also have a few lvl 20 of the other classes and nothing has yanked me back in the game. I'm not going to leave the game because I know more is yet to come, but I am really looking forward to Tera. From what I have seen so far, my son and I love it!

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 11:05PM (Unverified) said

@trickfred Well they did say they will continue your story in future patches. Be patient grasshopper.

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 1:47AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) "be patient" is somewhat less applicable in a void of unhappiness which you are paying for in the meantime.

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 8:14AM KvanCetre said

@(Unverified)
I just can't shake the feeling TERA is going to provide exactly the same. No new MMO has had any ideas on how to shake up endgame content. Everyone seems to be placing their bets with GW2... but I'm not holding out hope.

I'll still be buying GW2 regardless, as a fan of the first one, but at this point I doubt any game will deliver on the promises made.

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 10:44AM Shirvington said

@(Unverified) I'm kind of sorry you are really looking forward to TERA that much. After having a bit of curiosity about it, then watching the videos, it looks like endless, mindless mouse-click spam. Definitely not half as interesting as I had hoped.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:30PM (Unverified) said

This is timely, as I answered this question earlier today with "unsubscribe".

It's a good game, a great place for the escapist SW fan looking for a well-rendered E-home, but its replay value is vastly overhyped due to the "not really" aspect of the choices in the story. It's great as a "rental dragon age" in space, but unless you're a SW geek (and I'm not), it's not a longterm undertaking/investment at this point in the game's development.

I enjoyed my two months, but it's time to move on. :)

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 6:13PM Joaquin Crowe said

@(Unverified) At least you got to two months. One month did me in. Fortunately there are plenty of other games to keep me entertained. (damn you Steam and your holiday sales!)

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 7:05PM jealouspirate said

@(Unverified)

I'm in a similar boat as you. Played for a few weeks, had a bit of fun, and now I'm ready to move on.

I never intended to raid or do the traditional gear-based endgame anyway, I was just there for the story. Sadly, the story did not grab me as much as I thought it would. I was really excited about the Smuggler, but couldn't even stay interested long enough to reach 50. Oh well.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:33PM (Unverified) said

The Trooper story is pretty cool as is the Imperial Agent's (wait till you see him tripping). The Smugglers is just more than OK but he is my favorite in terms of his responses and actions towards story NPCs and he pretty much gets some tail on every planet.

Only one I am disliking is the Sith Warrior. Just can't get past Baras' ranting and raving. The Bounty Hunter is ok as well. have not done any of the others so you might try another story and see what you think.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:50PM KvanCetre said

@(Unverified)
I thought the Great Hunt wasn't the greatest, but I really liked Act 2 and 3.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 6:16PM Joaquin Crowe said

@(Unverified) The Smuggler story died for me after finishing the treasure hunt. Stick with the warrior, imo, as the story isn't all that bad. Baras is an a$$, but he gets his in the end.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:37PM ColinWilson1980 said

When I hit 50 on my knight, I'm hoping that I will know more about the Legacy system, and that there will be some neat incentives for new characters. If they in fact have new races, I would be inclined to level a second knight with a different AC.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:37PM Space Cobra said

I've yet to hit 50, but I could if I concentrated on it. Been lured by other classes and now just starting to *really* look into crafting. I do some PvP matches and Flashpoints, but mostly I focus on catching up to my level (on some alts, I am a bit over-powered, it ain't bad, since there is so much to do as one levels up, but even though I get "free credits" and it is a "cakewalk", earning no XP gets a bit boring IMO).

I am having a fun time atm, but have been distancing a bit from playtimes because I don't want to overdo it. Plus there is workloads at work (which is a good thing).

I'll be at 50 soon enough, but Inot sure when exactly. I'd like to get another 50 (on the other side) up and running, too!

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:42PM Pilgrim said

• Half a heart
2 lvl 50's, only logging in for hardmode operations, rest of the game is a rehash of WoW and needs to be trashed. Sorry BugWare, you cannot even sort the bugs in your game and keep breaking operations, Ilum and god knows what else...

Only selling point of the game, storyline to 50, after that, no interesting content

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:54PM Bezza said

Nothing much to do in a new game when you max out your toon, doh, how is that differant to any other MMO ever made a month and a half after release.

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey getting there. If you race to 50 and are now bored then hey, you have no one to blame but yourself. Savour the journey for all it's worth, swtor is very much about the journey, aka the story. you know that whole fourth pillar thing BW have been talking about for years now...

If your not interested in the story and just want to play end game content you are probably playing the wrong MMO.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 5:02PM Pilgrim said

• 1 heart
@Bezza So, just to verify, you say that whatever MMO you are playing the story is the main part and that when you hit 50 and there is nothing to do it's your own fault? you shouldn't have lvl'ed so quickly and should have been slower?

Do you have any idea how easy it is to lvl in a themepark MMO these days? it's so dumbified and glorified a 3 year old can do it blindfolded. There is no challenge in a themepark MMO and the endgame is what matters in a themepark MMO, no matter what they say about the 4th pillar.

Sure if you like playing an alt and going over the same content again and again with just a different class storyline then yes, the 4th pillar is there. But for people who dislike alts etc, that 4th pillar has been ended the moment they hit 50.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 6:17PM Joaquin Crowe said

@Bezza So that $15/month is for... what then?

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 10:51AM Shirvington said

@Pilgrim @Joaquin Crowe Sorry guys, but Bezza is right... People who spacebar through content and race to 50 in a game touted for it story have only wasted their own time (and breath complaining about it)--not to mention that SWTOR probably isn't the game for them.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 5:11PM trickfred said

@angry unverified:

Harsh. For starters, I don't know for sure that GW2 will be anything, I haven't played it. (Notice I said it 'looked like' it would be more to my style) But I have played GW1 since 2005, and am willing to give their marketing the benefit of the doubt. Like I did for BioWare when I bought SWTOR, because I like both Star Wars and Mass Effect.

As it turns out, SWTOR would have made an awesome single player game, but I don't think features that don't interest me (raiding, pvp) will be enough to keep me, or others drawn in by the promises of awesome storytelling, paying for it for very long.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 5:15PM trickfred said

@trickfred Sorry, this was meant as a reply to the angry unverified person hating on GW2. Not sure how it got posted here. O.o