Posted: Feb 14th 2012 4:52PM (Unverified) said

I think ANet has done a wonderful job of bridging the story. I really feel the story advancing around me and the things happening ine the GW Beyond storyline do a fantasic job of explaining why things will be how they are in GW2.

While I know they said that the founding of Ebonhawke when Adelbern recalls the Ebon Vanguad will be shown in game, I am really so hoping that the Foefire will be shown. I think that would just be so nice to see.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 5:34PM Nenene said

Wait wait, you have to beat the whole chain in Hard Mode to get Zei Ri? Damn!

Time to redo some quests....

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 5:50PM kgptzac said

@Nenene

My biggest complain about WoC would be this. A few of the quests in HM are excruciatingly hard as sometimes it depends on favorable spawn pattern of enemies--on top of having a highly nonconforming builds of your heroes, to even stand a chance in those quests. The 4-man and 6-man areas difficulty are poorly scaled to the normal 8-man party, making them harder than they are supposed to be.

And holy cow, that elementalist from the screenshot looks almost exactly like my character... the only difference would be color of the clothing o_o

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 6:47PM h4ngedm4n said

@Nenene
I was bummed at learning this as well. But after thinking about it, I think its cool to have an unique reward for the people who clear it in hard mode. Since the hard mode is damned hard.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 5:41PM Fuzzz said

fully agree with how Anet made Reiko the mesmer that is to come. Furthermore I really loved it how ones hero is totally on top of being a "hero" and the hardships that follows. Can't wait for the last bits of beyond to hit the ether that is GW!!!

oh yeah, nice first flameseeker article(might be the second?? I'm not that up to date) x'd

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 10:34PM DevilSei said

I wouldn't forget the sweet 50-point items tossed into the imperial lockbox. While they can come from other places (namely the PvP boxes), its nice to have a PvE alternative to go through.

Plus, I really want the Bo staff styled scythe...

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 2:26AM ArcherAvatar said

Very nicely written article E.C.
If this is any indication, then the Guild Wars IP coverage has been left in quite capable hands on the Massively site.

Global Chat: Through a monitor, darkly