Posted: Feb 13th 2012 2:24PM Titula said

@NeverDeath
Is the combat tiresome, like you have to move a lot to hit normally and you can hit different part of mobs for different damages?
Was combat easy with a keyboard and a mouse if you aren't used to PvP or action games?
Do mobs come alone or in groups (not meaning aggro, but linked groups like SWTOR)?
What is your PC configuration and was there any server/graphic lag?

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 6:07PM Utakata said

@(Unverified)

It's comments like yours that make me want to go out and buy the game when i really had no intention in doing so. That's because if many feel as you do, I know I will likely be starting a revolution against the grain that states that playing such must mean I'm a grind loving sissy. So screw you. When is it coming out?

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 6:51PM nhat said

@(Unverified) Stereotyping much? Don't knock it until you try this game.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 8:40PM (Unverified) said

@NeverDeath

Well said! I cant wait to play this game.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 11:10PM Faction 3 said

@Utakata

Your comment = greatness.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 1:24AM Cyroselle said

@(Unverified) I honestly have no idea how this game will play out.

However as to the 'Korean Grinder' epithet, there's an actually reason for all that. Many Koreans pay for their game time by the hour, so for a MMO company there it is entirely in their best interest to keep people playing for lengthy sessions, the longer the more profitable.

Their games are designed around people playing them in binge-sessions, but not for long periods or time, every day.. and aren't geared for a population to stick around for years as we do with our games.

So often eastern-developed games, like Aion won't have a super solid endgame, just a lot of PVP at the end and a lengthy grind to get to level cap.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:28PM Vanir said

• Half a heart
This crap game just needs to go away.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:34PM djodars said

Haters gonna hate...

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 1:26PM (Unverified) said

@djodars and playas gonna play

Let the fools whine about a game they don't even intend on playing. Leaves them less time to whine about any other game. :)

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 6:14PM Utakata said

@djodars

I really hate that term. It lumps those who have fair criticisms of the game with the unreasonable and trolls. And has been used by the same to shut down reasonably dissenting views. So please stop using it. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 10:41PM Laephis said

@djodars

"Haters gonna hate... "

The battle cry of the incompetent.

When you don't have an intelligent counter-point to make, fall back on an overused Internet meme...right?

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:48PM Irem said

The impressions I've read from people in the EU beta seem fairly positive overall. There's been some criticism of lackluster questing, and I keep hearing that the game doesn't really suck you in until you're level 20 or so and can start fighting cooler stuff with better abilities, but people seem very happy with the combat system for the most part.

Still pretty sure it's not something I could get into, but it's nice to see players enjoying themselves and having constructive discussions.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:55PM Mendus said

Was loving the game at first, but it does become a little grindy, with only kill quests the whole way through. A little variation in questing wouldn't go a miss. Apart from that the game is really beautiful, the city hubs are great and the crafting is good. I really felt like I was playing aion which is good in terms of most parts but not so good in terms of the feeling of grind.

The story was also not very well thought out and becomes relativily meaningless.

Combat is great fun, which I guess has to be as it's the games selling point. But I can see it getting tiresome at later levels.

Can't help feeling that other parts were left as an after though however.

So the game is pretty much what I though it would be, nothing mroe nothing less, if you don't like the combat this game really doesn't have a huge amount going for it.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 8:34PM Plastic said

@Mendus

I think your impressions are pretty spot-on, but I'm simply loving the combat enough to overlook the more mediocre aspects of the game.

Also, in regards to the quests, it's true that they are mainly just kill quests, but the unapologetic nature of it is kind of refreshing...I mean what's the alternative for this type of static questing system? Escort and fetch quests? I just don't see how sprinkling escort missions and fetch quests in between all the kill quests would really improve the questing experience in a game where combat is the highlight.

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 2:57AM Cyroselle said

@Plastic There's also 'go talk to this guy' 'get to X reputation and establish talks with Y neutral faction', recon missions, puzzles, crafting quests, and social tasks.

Mainly though, I think it's not so much the deed, rather the implementation.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:58PM JonBuck said

• 1 heart
I don't like the visual style of the game, myself. The Elin are just part of it, but the clothing choices on both male and female characters is just unappealing to me.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 1:54PM Saerain said

@JonBuck The visual style tears me in half. I love the characters, I love the environments, I am annoyed by the ‘armor’ (mostly on the females, but some of the males), and I utterly despise the 5x oversized weapons.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 2:08PM JonBuck said

@Saerain The men dress like Ruby Rhod from 5th Element and the women are very fetishy, IMO.

Over the weekend I watched some livestreams on twitch.tv. One female player, Pokket, couldn't play a female character up close because as she ran you could pretty much see everything. I could almost let that pass if it wasn't for the Elin.

As for the weapons, agree. I watched Taugrim play a warrior or something with as sword twice as tall as he was.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 1:10PM Braiks said

Having a great time so far can't wait for launch.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 2:17PM NeverDeath said