Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:33PM Yukon Sam said

SWG, but with all of Raph's original design finished and polished and balanced, plus the later enhancements that didn't try to force it into a class/level system.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:40PM (Unverified) said

Pre-CU SWG.. duh.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:40PM juanele said

Tabula Rasa

It had the best mob AI that I have seen in an mmo.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:41PM (Unverified) said

Earth and Beyond, Shadowbane, Asheron's Call 2...I'd say SWG Pre-CU or even just pre-NGE but it was the community that made that game, not the game itself, so I don't know how it would pan out if it were revived.

I'd also like to give Spellborn another try, if only because I hear good things and I only spent about 20 minutes with it back in the day.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:42PM Darkie said

N.E.O Online ._.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:48PM Furdinand said

swg

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:52PM krakead said

Tabula Rasa without a doubt. Yes, it was a mess when it launched but by the time they pulled the plug it was shaping up very nicely. I had a huge amount of fun defending based from swarms of bag guys. I'm certain that half the decision to pull the plug was as a purely personal 'fuck you' message to Richard Garriott from NC Soft.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 12:58PM Gryphmon said

Tabula Rasa. I played right up until the end and it really was a perfectly decent MMO, regardless of initial problems. Certainly much better than a lot of the shovel-ware that is out there. I'd give Star Wars Galaxies a try too.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 1:11PM Lewa said

Year 1 STG. Tabula Rasa.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 1:11PM Lewa said

@Lewa
Whoops I mean, SWG. Hahaha, early morning.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 1:29PM Floweringmind said

Actually for those who would like to play Earth & Beyond can play it here:

and it is free to play!

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 1:50PM Germaximus said

Matrix Online

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 2:25PM pid said

TR, my CE box is still standing on my shelf and no dust is allowed to taint it!

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 2:44PM dudemanjac said

So tell me again why Tabula Rasa failed?

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 6:52PM Bladerunner83 said

@dudemanjac

From the Wiki source:

Richard Garriott announced that he was leaving NCAustin and Tabula Rasa in an open letter to the community, though he now claims this letter was in fact written by NCsoft as a means of forcing him out. The announcement was made while Garriott was in quarantine after returning from his spaceflight in October, and the announcement claimed he was inspired by the space travel experience to pursue other interests.

Tabula Rasa's Development Team on 21 November 2008, weeks after Richard's announcement, also released an open letter that the game would end public service on 28 February 2009, citing a lower than expected in-game population as the major factor for the decision. Developers also announced that any active paying player as of 10:00 AM Pacific Time on November 21, 2008 will be eligible for some rewards, including paid time on other NCsoft titles (any paying subscribers joining after that point are ineligible). On 27 February 2009, a message posted on the official website requested that players participate in a final assault, culminating with mutual destruction of AFS and Bane forces.[32][33][34]

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 2:49PM pixledriven said

Shadowbane

For those interested, playing to crush shall return!

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 2:50PM entropyboy said

Phantasy Star Online.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 2:52PM mysecretid said

The Agency, as originally conceived as an espionage MMORPG -- not the online shooter they tried to morph it into at the very end.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:49AM Space Cobra said

@mysecretid

Oh yeah! Not sure all the original ideas were do-able, but they were ambitious and I was looking forward to it, too!

Posted: Feb 14th 2012 1:20AM mysecretid said

@Space Cobra

Did you see the clips of the dev-narrated walkthroughs at the game conventions? (I think it was two separate years of E3)

They had a playable demo running of the original MMORPG version of the game, and it looked pretty promising and fun.

I believe I saw the clips on YouTube, but it may have been G4TV's website. Check both sites if you're curious, but I do believe it was YouTube.

Cheers!