Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:20AM (Unverified) said

I'm single, which helps, but as a career-geek I certainly find I typically don't have time for any substantial game playing (anything more involved than, say, Triple Town on my phone) outside of the weekend.

Frequently amazed at the amount of time others find for gaming!

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:25AM MrSquiggles said

Gaming is all I have. It's at the top of the list by default.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:30AM Hammerbeard said

Right behind keeping my children fed but ahead of me or the pets.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:30AM kahnbloodbane said

at about spot number 2.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:49AM LA1111 said

Like last on my list. I would rather hang with friends, workout, play guitar, spend time with family, etc. If those things aren't available, then I'll play a game. I probably play 10 hours a week at most

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:54AM Malagarr said

Family must come first. Always. Then work (and sometimes that ties with family, since providing food and shelter for your family is at least as important as spending time with them). Then, third, come my hobbies.

Of my hobbies, gaming is first. I play after the kids are in bed at night (my wife's a gamer...which is a definite bonus). I will, on rare occasions, play during the day when my kids are keeping themselves entertained, but even then I won't commit to groups or anything.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:54AM TryHardSasquatch said

When I was in high school gaming was probably number 1. In college it went down to spot number 2 right behind doing well enough in school. Now that I'm managing a job, a relationship, and trying to be healthy it's dropped really far down the list.

But the other day I got sick the Wednesday after FFXIII-2 came out and had to skip work, I played that game for 17 hours straight and I'll tell you it was probably the best day i've had in a while.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 2:34PM Vic Fontaine said

@TryHardSasquatch
Huh, must not have been playing the same FFXIII-2 as me then.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 8:57AM Aganazer said

1. Work
2. Eat
3. Copulate
4. Beer
5. ???
6. Game

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:04AM Wic said

My kids come first but now they are gaming too, my wife comes first but now she is gaming too. My dog well I let her out to chase trucks once in a while!

With prices in the outside world increasing and wages decreasing if you still have a wage then gaming fast becomes a normal habit over parking restrictions in town.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:16AM Cassius81 said

Used to be pretty high on the list. I was at the point where I would make excuses not to catch up with friends or leave family functions early so I could raid. Used to be in a very high end raiding guild in WOW and I would even schedule my work around raiding. Then I woke up one day and that all changed. Now it's probably number 1 on my list of hobbies but I spend far less time gaming. I still might sit on SWTOR or LOTRO for a 6-7 hour stretch sometimes but that is if I have nothing else to do.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:22AM Sylvurdragon said

Gaming is done in this order.
1 - Wife
2 - Pets (feed/walk then back to gaming)
3 - Gaming
4 - everything else.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:34AM Rumbl3 said

Being a father of 3 mmo gaming is all i have lol for social life most of the time. Most of my friends are still single or have no kids so I guess i'm a bit of a downer to them lol. But I have a daily schedule in place so most of the timei get my two hours of mmo gaming in a night and sometimes more on the weekends.

It's my stress relief from family life a way to disappear for 2 hours every night into a different world lol. I don't care i'll admit it. During those two hours my kids are in bed before i get on and my wife watches all her dvr'ed showes that I can't stand *cough* grays anatomy *cough* lol.

So I guess everything in my life comes before gaming but I just manage my day so well that I can work 10 to 11 hours a day six days a week spend time with the kids homework, rec, etc and usually watch a show with the wife then get my gaming in hour or two and then bed lol.

Plus as others have said the world cost to dam much these days, mmo gaming is a hell of a cheap deal for my entertainment per month.

I'm just praying for my tablet mmo's order & chaos quality.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:36AM mogchar said

It's a simple matter of moving from a more hardcore gamer to a casual gamer. For me it's mostly only a few hours on weekends orr holidays.

During the week by the time I can sit down to game I'm usually to tired to put forth the energy and end up doing othe things.

It's reallly funny how our priorities are changed for us!

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:37AM (Unverified) said

Typically I don't play as much now since I put my social life above my gaming life while at college. Plus there's the whole college aspect. And some other priorities to where Gaming is probably 5th or so. Though when I really feel like playing something I'll make time to do it.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:38AM eLdritchZ said

gaming or as it happens "fun" is my top priority... I don't have a family and I'm not married... and to be honest i don't really plan on getting that done anytime soon... work is basically just what i do to support my fun... I respect you guys for your choices but I could not live to work... More than a few probably think "oh how immature" while sipping your wine but to be honest if "work-family-sleep-work..." is the mature thing to do then I'll pass ;) Life is too damn short to waste it with boring near slavery

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 11:53AM Barrikade said

@eLdritchZ

I agree with you. Unfortunately I'm on the hampster wheel already with school loans.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:44AM zgomot said

Gaming is pretty high up on my list. I'm very passionate about things I like, be it hobbies, vices, or people, so I'm very passionate about gaming to. I read a lot about games and technology related to games.

However, since the inevitable happened and I'm now on my own, in a 5 year old relationship (to become marriage sometime) with bills, a pet and a stable job, I find less and less time to game. Sad as it may be, I've learned to accept it.

Sometimes I can spend up to 40-50 hours per week gaming (late weeknights + weekends), some weeks I can hardly manage to play for a couple of hours total.

If I were to make a priority list it would be something like this:

1. My fiancee.
2. My family.
3. My lovely dog.
4. Gaming, djing and making music.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:47AM Mikkhail said

Pretty much last on my list these days. I am hopeful though that one of the upcoming titles might inspire me to play more again ... That said, family and work always come out ahead even if I do find a title worth playing.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:52AM DeadlyAccurate said

It's my #1 hobby, but I don't let it interfere with the things that need or should be done, and it doesn't interfere with my time with my husband (who's also a gamer). I may let the dishes or laundry slide for a few hours, but I still hit the gym, keep the house clean, feed the pets, visit family, etc.. I probably game 2-3 hours a night during the week, more during the weekend (I don't have kids).