Posted: Feb 9th 2012 2:16PM Stanzig said

I hope at some point this game could be an alternative to Planetside 2. Of course it sounds so far like it may lack massive scale battles in the open world with territory control. Match play can be fun but does not compare to a war that can rage on for days/weeks at a time.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 2:23PM Seffrid said

"Kern also mentions the game's unique take on beta and launch. In basic terms, Red 5 implements feature sets, collects beta feedback, and iterates on down the line (as opposed to presenting a finished product for mass beta testing). This staged approach will also apply to the game's launch, and Kern says the game will be rolled out "organically" much like Google's Gmail service."

Isn't that just a neat way of saying that the game will be released before it's finished? Nothing unique about that.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 3:32PM juanele said

@Seffrid

An MMO is never finished

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 2:24PM (Unverified) said

look awesome. sounds something like what HiRez attempted with GA.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 3:47PM Ceridith said

@(Unverified)

Except without jamming everything into instances.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 3:59PM (Unverified) said

@Ceridith

well HiRez was fairly lost. they didnt have a clear plan.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:02PM valdi313 said

Is anyone in beta that can send me an invite? I will forward my invites if I get in.
valdi313@gmail.com

Anyone?!?!?

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:03PM Dracones said

Sounds like it'll be released with a light amount of content. At least they're up front about it. That could really hurt them though unless the gameplay itself has a lot of variety.

It's hard to put the above into words, but basically I can play the same counterstrike map over and over but I got tired fighting the same old bots and PvP maps in GA.

Also, I'm a little at a loss at how they can do a "staged" rollout of new content based on user feedback if it's the users' actions that are revealing new content.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:07PM Ceridith said

@Dracones

That's honestly the best way to go about it if you're not a AAA developer. Too many small developers get trapped in being over ambitious in their design scope, and they inevitably end up having to release well before they're ready.

At least this way they can focus on making sure the core gameplay is in a complete and polished state for release, and then built onto the game from there. This same strategy worked great for Eve.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:58PM (Unverified) said

I forget, I know this will be F2P but is it going to have a 'fluff items' store in-game?

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 5:23PM DaBruuzer said

I have been following this a while, lost interest, and now gaining interest again. Anyone have a spare beta invite?

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 5:38PM (Unverified) said

that guy has some pretty sweet holo-tech

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 6:29PM Braiks said

@Professer So basically you hate him cause he is not good looking, got it. The guy is not saying they are doing something that has never done before and he is trying to explain the game to the Average Joe not to the seasoned veteran of MMOs.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 12:54AM (Unverified) said

I'm definitely not usually one for any sort of FPS game however this looks interesting especially how they handle open world events and how they handle combat in the game.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 6:41AM KureAc said

I've been signed up to the Firefall forums for over a year ): I would say so unlucky because I'm rlly looking forward to this, but i'd prefer to wait until the NDA is lifted to cast this game

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 6:47AM MetaReal said

Great video. I really like the agile development approach this MMO seem to take. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development
It makes sens because within a 5 years development cycle (typical for a AAA MMO) the world and players expectation change. It also make sens because agile development enable a special relationship between developers and users becoming somewhat co-creators. I've just signed for the beta and wishing them the best.

Posted: Feb 26th 2012 12:07PM (Unverified) said

anyone got an extra beta key and want a new friend in-game? e-mail me, i am avid to test this game, give my feed back and help others out!

kortius22@hotmail.com