Posted: Feb 9th 2012 1:16PM Macabre 13 said

Glad to see League getting more dedicated coverage. Riot deserves every ounce of their incredible success. Best gaming company in the world to date, bar none.

I'd like to add that Riot just announced a promotion for new players:

Upon reaching level 3 (about 3 games played in any mode/map), you'll be awarded with 400 Riot Points (RP), that can be used to buy the various things they offer (champions, skins, boosts, etc.).

Been playing LoL daily for over an year. Add me in game [ Macabre13 ] if you'd like some starting tips and/or advice on wisely spending your precious Influence Points (IP), or would just like to play a few games.

Shameless referral plug:

See you on the Fields of Justice!

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:32AM Archintyeron said

@Macabre 13
Agree with you. Even if LoL it's not really a MMO, is one of the most successful multiplayer game of all time already, and indeed deserves a dedicated coverage.

Riot is doing a great job with this game, and I hope they'll continue.

And, I'm also devoid of shame:

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 1:54PM (Unverified) said

Very good game, better if you have friends and voice comm. The new 'rise of the bots' made the non pvp better so if you are like me and like a break from the crap talking that goes on sometimes there is an option.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 2:09PM AREoUoSERIOUS said

Love this Game, the detailed art, the various voices each character has! Also Its all about WUKONG for me!!!

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 2:11PM (Unverified) said

Played since 2009 have over 1300 wins in the guild Warriornation.net

Xetelian

Add me in game.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 2:11PM (Unverified) said

The community has definitely been through its fair share of changes. When I began playing in beta, there were those that refused to believe it was any different from DotA and their elitism was overpowering. Now there's a lot of smurfing (experienced players starting new, low level accounts) largely for the sake of stomping newbies. However, if you can find the right people, this can be one of the most fun and rewarding games out there.

Most of the gameplay is about practice and a guiding hand to walk you through things can make a world of difference. I'm on there as Kishana and if you need a couple questions answered, feel free to add me.

And of course, shameless plug :

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 3:52AM BGExorcist said

Whats shameless is the releases of new overpowered champs for maximum price, heavy asian-oriented (gameis chinese now) and the lack of balance :)

Posted: Feb 15th 2012 4:59PM AREoUoSERIOUS said

I agree! The new champ Nautilus seems to be extremely tanky!! and Zigg OMG ZIGG does huge amount of damage at lvl 1.