Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:16PM Wild Colors said

• 1 heart
17 GB? What takes up that much space? Absurd quantities of art and sound assets?

(Honest question, I don't know much about game design, except that the code base itself generally is tiny when we're talking in terms of gigabytes.)

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:21PM Cyroselle said

@Wild Colors High-res textures, a decent score and voices I should think.

Also, hopefully if the maps are any indication, the world itself is huge and just needs that much space. That's what I hope anyhow.

Posted: Feb 12th 2012 9:02AM Brockobama321 said

@Cyroselle Man, if TERA has a "Decent Score" I haven't found it in 22 levels. Game's great, but the score has nothing on Aion or WoW.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:19PM Cyroselle said

I'm really on the fence on the whole pre-order thing in general, especially for this game. But at the same time, I really really want to see them succeed.

Not because I really have any sort of emotional investment in the game itself, or because I like pretty-looking characters... Rather I want the industry as a whole to do well and for folks to retain their jobs.

As a person who would love, in at least some form, to work in the video game industry I strongly desire that studios not fail, and for games to find their target audience.

I'll hold judgment on Tera's actual substance till I get to play it though.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:38PM Cyndair said

I had pre-ordered on Amazon and hadn't received a beta code for this weekend. I submitted a ticket to their customer support team with my Amazon order number and received a beta code about 15 minutes later. Looking forward to giving this a go this weekend.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 9:47AM fdisk said

@Cyndair I submitted a ticket to Amazon last night and this morning I got a reply saying Amazon is not participating in the promotion and I was out of luck. I'm contacting them again but either you are lying or Amazon/EnMasse really need to get their shit together.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 11:11PM Cyroselle said

@fdisk I don't see why that poster has motivation to lie.

Rather early access/beta codes via third party retailers have long been notorious for effing things up. Just look at that whole SWTOR pre-order debacle with Best Buy and Walmart.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:40PM Bigcheez said

Would love to give this a go, but the whole regional thingy stops me. And before you say Proxy...going through one sucks where I live.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:55PM DerpMchurson said

Played 3 hour stress test yesterday. No lag, and client ran as smooth as butter, 100 fps. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 11:12PM Cyroselle said

@DerpMchurson Nice! What kind of machine are you running? Top of the line, or medium grade gaming rig?

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 8:47PM OrangeGamer said

Wait, can people still get the code? I had no idea they were even doing this.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 9:16PM Wild Colors said

@OrangeGamer In theory, I believe you should be able to access the beta test weekends as long as you pre-order the game.

See http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/en_US/pd/productID.244452600

"Pre-Order Benefits: ... Early access to beta test ..."

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 9:31PM eddiestrike said

So excited for this game. Screw Guild Wars 2.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 11:21PM Joshua Przygocki said

I am really happy with how En Masse is handling things. They are obviously TRYING to be successful. They remind me a lot of Trion Worlds.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 11:43PM Wild Colors said

@Joshua Przygocki

Yeah. I'm mildly concerned, however, that they'll have a great beta and then lose a court case and never be allowed to release the game.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 11:39PM i2hellfire said

i want this game to succeed so bad as well...because it does look like an interesting game, and because i want the industry as a whole to get away from the target , spam action bar methodology so badly. there's so little skill involved in the mind-numbing chore of staring at cooldowns and tab targetting the proper mob/dragon/weird blobby thing. more action mmo's please.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 11:15PM Cyroselle said

@i2hellfire Oh man, this, so much this.

I'd been playing Fallen Earth recently, and it uses a combat system where you actually have to aim at your opponents to hit them, and it's just so much more fun than tab-targeting!

Posted: Feb 11th 2012 12:18PM i2hellfire said

@Cyroselle fallen earth eh...i'll have to check it out.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 4:05AM (Unverified) said

Are all preorders invited? I preordered a few days ago on a whim not even realizing that I would have access to beta events. I just logged in to my En Masse account and am currently downloading the TERA client link I found. Do they email you to let you know if you're in the beta or was I supposed to assume I was in future betas and just log in?

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 5:01AM MrSquiggles said

@(Unverified)

"or was I supposed to assume I was in future betas and just log in?"

Seems to kind of be that. :\ It was since a few days ago that you could d/l the client if you had pre-ordered, but it didn't seem to be too clear. However as the 1st CBT starts today, I guess they assumed we would be able to figure it out. :) If you pre-order, you don't get or need a code. Just go to the main website and download the client. :)