Posted: Feb 9th 2012 6:03PM jimr9999us said

Woot! Let's go to the store and buy more clothes!

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 6:54PM (Unverified) said

Still pretty much the gold standard for cosmetic items in an MMO. Multiple outfits as well as being able to share them across every toon on your account. I especially like how you can dye items in the wardrobe and once you've done that, you can always choose to cosmetically equip any color you've previously dyed it.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:31PM Cyroselle said

I just started playing this thing again. I have my Rift crowd, but some of my old HS buddies have been playing LotRO, and I finally just cleared HDD space and installed it a few days ago.

Mind, what you want to do is install the high resolution client, not the 'standard'. The standard version makes the game look like it fell out of the ugly tree, hit every ugly branch on the way down, and then having landed, was beaten into submission by an ugly truncheon.

That said, the character models could stand some re-visiting. Upon making an elf, I found her features to be a little clumsy. On making a human, I was struck at how comparatively fantastic the elf looked. LOL

But as far as costumes and environment, this game is gorgeous and I'm kicking myself for not giving a sincere try sooner. The real-time reflections on the tessellated water and polished stone surfaces in particular are amazing.

The pathing is a little funky and walking up and down hills reminds me of Guild Wars, even though LotRO is obviously a full 3D engine replete with actual jumping... still I'd like to see something done about the angle at which inclines become unclimbable...

Anyhoo, this is a good secondary MMO to play around with!

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 7:42PM Meagen said

I see all the pretty Elven dresses and I kind of want to go play it again, but then I think of the 8GB download and the 320 FREAKIN' SALAMANDERS and no. Never again.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 11:59PM Cyroselle said

@Meagen It was a 13gb download for me. Seems that they've added a bit.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 10:40PM Gryphmon said

LOTRO is a gorgeous game. Except for the sad, sad hats.

Posted: Feb 11th 2012 12:00AM Cyroselle said

@Gryphmon I'm compelled to turn off my helm render for my characters. Nearly all the headwear in this game is frighteningly horrid.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 12:45AM (Unverified) said

LOTRO as old as it is and as limited in fundamental structure it is (ie gear treadmill, rep grinding, achievement grind) it is still one of the best games out there sans it's most recent expansion. It was especially good at cosmetics giving three wardrobe sets to the free players and adding cosmetic items into crafting was one of the most fun things i have ever had the pleasure of experiencing on this game. The housing was very nice as well! A human house with dwarven tiling on the walls and elven flooring was the best combination.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 4:10AM kimowar said

• 1 heart
I played lotro since first alpha, then they announced f2p, I canceled my account the next day after saying goodbye and turning over my guild. sad day but who can respect a f2p,

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 10:57AM Deliverator said

"Look how creative my credit card makes me!"

This would be an actual event if crafters were the ones providing the clothes.
Next up is the "who has the most potions" event