Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:36PM Cavadus said

As guild leader of the 47th C.E.F., one of the oldest, largest, and most successful ER guilds all I can say is good riddance.

Everything about the game was horrible. Not in a design sense, just in the execution. MHS were simply amateurs. Terrible amateurs at that.

Next to nothing in this game actually worked and the client could barely run even on the best of days with a strong machine running a RamDisk for the textures folder.

We will not be missing this game.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 8:15PM Samcha said

Very sad. This really hurts for a lot of players, because I know of quite a few people who moved to ER from Tabula Rasa.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 9:54PM Ryukan said

I tried Earthrise out during the final beta before release and it was bad enough to warn me off. Sad to see it go under so fast, but it was destined to be a niche game at best because of the full loot full PvP. Add to that the incredible lack of polish and it did not make for a good recipe.

Sandbox games will never be more than a niche market until developers shed the idea of every sandbox requiring a full loot full PvP setup. Hey developers, IT IS possible to have a sandbox game without full loot and full PvP and still have it be decent and worth playing...

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 3:35AM Saunakiller said

@Ryukan It wasn´t full loot if you knew how to insure your most valuable items. So it wasn´t as "bad" as you might think. I actually thought they had a very smart system when it came to insuring items in your pack, and that made the PVP life much easier.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 4:08AM real65rcncom said

"One year after the launch of the game, we have decided to stop the Earthrise servers. Earthrise was released too early and did not meet the expectations of its fans. We did our best to revive the game in 2011, but the time was not enough to keep up with the user requirements.

There is a huge interest in high quality open world sandbox MMORPGs, unfortunately..."

"...ours wasn't one of them."

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 5:36AM Snichy said

Im always sad when ANY mmo shuts down. I never played this but remember being intrigued by its concepts when first announced and was looking forward to release but was put off by the negative press. Lucky i decided with my head and not my heart about buying it but still makes me sad when a game/guild/friend stops forever.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 10:18AM Avernus said

sad for them. I thought the game looked like it could be fun, but it just didn't run on my computer well enough to enjoy. I mean, the graphics were good, but not better than many other MMOs that run with very high fps on my desktop, but I was always running like 8 fps in Earthrise.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 2:42PM theorb said

The game concept was great, the delivery average. Earthrise needed time and polish, too bad the devs ran out of financing. I wish them good luck. Their experience is valuable for the future games they will make.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 8:00PM meda said

The game was a poor package IMO, played the trial and can honestly say it was one of the worst experiences I ever had in any mmo. Tutorial was horrible, controls were horrible, performance was horrible, and it was subscription, thank god I tried it first. Not surprised at all about it's failure. It doesn't have anything to do with releasing it a little early, the game was just bad in all areas IMHO. They should have released it f2p, but at that quality not sure if that would have flown either.