Posted: Feb 8th 2012 4:09PM Maseno said

They should encourage Free to Play so they don't have to shut the game down.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 4:41PM Saker said

@Maseno Agree!

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 5:22PM Space Cobra said

"Warhammer Online encourages murder most foul"

Sensationalistic headline pointing that Video Games encourages violence!!

;P

(as per recent podcast chat!)

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 8:21PM NeverDeath said

This game is run by EA, so you can bet if it completely ceased to remain lucrative, it would be shut down post-haste.

That said, this game would definitely benefit from a F2P switch, but honestly I think they may have wasted too much time, and that even if they did make the switch today, it would be all for naught. Last I checked some months ago, the game was still brimming with the same bugs and - at least based on the Trial Client - some major optimization issues. I've tried Warhammer on several machines over the years, and my current top-notch gaming beast can pass every test diagnostic with a full beyond-recommended bar on canirunit.com and has one of the best graphics cards on the market with room for a 2nd should I ever need to SLI - yet when I tried the game a few months ago on the trial client and even pre-downloaded the trial content instead of streaming, it had sudden frame hiccups from time to time - something that never occurs in any of the most graphically demanding games of today, almost 4 years after WAR's launch. This leads me to believe that the issue is within the client itself, or possibly server-side, probably a remnant of the data bottlenecking they tried to eliminate a few years ago.

Regardless of my personal testimonials from playing on various machines from AM2 socket to AM3+, GDDR2 technology to GDDR5 technology, IDE to SATA2... I think they've shown time and again that they have no interest in revitalizing and repairing their product, that they decided to shelve it on maintenance mode (if you could even call it that) until such a time as it ceases to exceed the income needed to cover its own continued operating costs, at which time they will pull the plug. The real shame is that the IP, the art design and the ambiance of the game are fantastic, and the classes are very fun mechanically, and mostly solid even with some room for improvements and tweaking and of course, they have a diverse and unique feel, even though they all have mirrors on the opposing faction. There was time aplenty to save this game, and EA+Mythic+Bioware chose not to do it, and all of their reputations are continuously suffering for it with each electronic beep of the respirator as this game slowly succumbs to its premature mortality.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 10:00AM Dunraven said

Night of Murder
Killing people in da face
The Re-enlisters

I am totally confident that after I finish University I will become the CEO of a development house....I mean really how hard can it be? /eyeroll.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014