Posted: Feb 9th 2012 3:39PM Adeptus Enginus said

@Anulla

Honestly, if you find yourself stuck with something, send me a message if I'm online. If I'm not in the middle of something, I'll lend you a hand if I can. I'm making my way through Nightfall at a snails pace (doing all the quests, and Elonian Skill Hunter while completing the campaign), so I'm all for helping out (Same name I use on here).

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 5:52PM Eamil said

@Anulla

The wiki is pretty much all you need for anything in terms of useful information. I'll second what Mikx said, focus on missions and don't worry about doing the quests (aside from primary quests, which lead you from mission to mission). Factions and Nightfall quests start rewarding you with a fair amount of money in addition to XP, but Prophecies quests pretty much give you nothing but XP aside from a small handful of skill quests and you don't really need it.

If you want to switch campaigns but don't want to start a new character, if you can slog through Prophecies up to Lion's Arch, you'll be able to grab a quest once you get there that'll let you switch campaigns. Prophecies is honestly my favorite campaign in terms of story, but it's also not the easiest for a new player, which is a shame.

Also, if you're interested in a guild, the official Massively guild has good people in it. Google MVOP if you're interested.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 2:11AM Anulla said

@Mikx
Decided to follow advice here and start over in Nightfall. Heroes are a little better and make some of the soloing less tedious, but it's still painful to play this game alone. One of the things I dislike about GW is that it is so heavily instanced. You never just run into people in the world and help them out with a quest or two. I prefer more of an open world-type game(played WoW for 5 years, trying to avoid comparisons and keep an open mind), because I love to explore. That's why I started in Prophecies, I felt like I was cheating if I started fresh in Nighfall. I'm over that now.

I'm reading the wiki now and trying to streamline my play to the important stuff. I've unlocked a couple heroes and am hoping for the best. Thanks for the tips, I was feeling stabby the other night.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 11:30AM Dunraven said

I have been playing the hell out of Guild Wars I got the entire series for Five Quid No fees and every time I blink they are adding more ...It really makes every other developer look like Greedy Bastards.

Posted: Feb 16th 2012 1:14AM CuriosidadesMundo said