Posted: Feb 8th 2012 3:01PM Space Cobra said

From a previous video, that of transporting a crystal on your back to start a town (on the PvP continent), that crystal probably represents the "heart" of said town. It looks like it does grow with the construction/building of the town and if the crystal's HP is worn down, the other side probably can take it over.

It may involve the person doing the most damage or the "final blow" (but that'd be cheesy and easy to gank, wouldn't it?) or even being near the crystal when you finally get it down to "Zero HP".

Of course, some of the things are amazing in the video, but I wonder how it really all plays out. I could see siege engines turning PCs to dust in a few attacks on either side. The whole thing sorta looks so RTS...maybe it's just so VENTed and planned out?

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 3:23PM Ashane said

@Space Cobra

You never played Shadowbane, or Lineage 2?

Place your siege camp (banestone in SB), city lights up for siege time, capture/destroy the internal crystal, you win rights.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 5:30PM Space Cobra said

@Ashane

Nah, admittedly, I haven't. Well, I did play Shadowbane but never got as far as joining a guild and getting into city-sieges.

Just adding my speculation on Daniel's ,"The objective of the madness seems to be the destruction of a crystal nestled deep within the defending fortress, though we don't speak Korean, so don't quote us on that" sentence.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 3:11PM Wurm said

This video shows siege from a player perspective and in 1080p quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs4VWg2PjpE

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 3:52PM Vorender said

US publisher...please?

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 4:29PM Valkaern said

Thanks Wurm, that video was much better.

Even with some of the apparent clutter and clunkiness, I'm still very eager to see this game released in English.

It's been way too long since there's been a solid alternative to the endless onslaught of shallow and linear theme park clones.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 4:48PM Saker said

@(Unverified) I likewise am not impressed by the "castle", but it still is just beta, hopefully something deeper will come as they progress. Judging by their game in general I think there's still hope.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 5:15PM scottsummer said

I am gonna play the Korea or even Chinese version.
I really doubt Archage will hit the U.S market before mid 2013, they don't even have a publisher.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 5:50PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

My thoughts as well, hopefully there will be more involved in the towns than just rings of walls like the very old 'Rampart' game.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 6:49PM Lateris said

I wouldn't mind connecting to the Korean servers with an English client that translates the UI and game items. If they do release in the west I would suggest one server where North America and Europe play together. I love the mechanics of this game.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:05AM kimowar said

I hope this isnt gonna be a f2p, it looks good but we all agree f2p are a dime a dozen and to expensive cheating on a half baked thrown together game geared towards an item shop

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 6:31AM Elikal said

Weird, is that really the same ArchAge we have seen so great videos before? It looks as if there was another ArchAge... Odd.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 1:02PM (Unverified) said

@Elikal When you get so many people together in one place, texture resolution has to drop in order to not exceed the capacity of whatever card you're using to render the scene.