Posted: Feb 7th 2012 9:14AM UnknownUser said

So I can use that fancy yellow crossbow from Diablo to pay for my WoW account. Interesting.

It looks like Blizzard has been paying attention to CCP.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 10:12AM Vgk said

@UnknownUser
Aye it looks like Blizz is taking a few tips from CCP

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 9:22AM Vladeon said

Wait, so money expires? I mean, I've seen how cash turns to goop when buried for long periods of time, but I didn't know that the same thing happened when you bury it in the internet. That's rough.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 9:38AM (Unverified) said

I sense that this is going to end up being a huge disaster fr Blizzard.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 10:37AM (Unverified) said

I don't know but this is LOL to me. Yes, I am a BIG fan pf Steam as well but I do not use the Steam Wallet. Selling items in a virtual game (D3) for real cash is just so dumb. I hope Congress taxes this stuff.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 5:58PM smartstep said

@(Unverified)

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 11:01AM TheJackman said

I really not like the "money expires" part ..... Also a lot of county's like Argentina do not support PayPal so you got no way to get the money out?!

"Depending on local laws and regulations, we may be required to remove the Battle.net Balance from any Battle.net account. There are region-specific expiration dates for balance. "

What county's got this laws??!!

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 11:06AM Wic said

Theres an easy way to solve this...
Don't buy any of the RMT stuff and switch other people to the same way of thinking.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 11:21AM Joaquin Crowe said

More hookers and blow for all of Kotick's mansions!

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 11:38AM Kaseryn said

I guess I'm in the minority here...but I'm really excited about the RMAH in D3!

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 1:13PM BGExorcist said

Guess who is portrayed in the cow level of D2. The players of course, milked to death and beaten with boxes steadily failing expansions and sequels.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 1:36PM MetaReal said

"It looks like Blizzard has been paying attention to CCP."

They may have heard of Steam wallet too (2010), damn hats!

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 2:09PM Anulla said

I'm just curious: If you put, say, $20 in your account, it's assumed you can't get that money back, you can only put it towards in-game purchases. But while it's credited to your battle.net account, does Blizzard earn interest on that money? How does that work?

I just think the whole wallet concept is ridiculous. if you're going to use real money for *any* in-game purchase, just use your credit card at the time of purchase, rather than parking money in a nebulous account.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 3:05PM hshadowa said

Blizzard doesn't get interest on your money you put into your bnet account, they get your money. It's not actual money in your account, since you cant convert it back.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 6:03PM smartstep said

@hshadowa

You sir has won this thread :D

Really many people does not see this obvious fact (at least not yet). That's one of biggest points of those "wallets" - people still don't realize that once you charge let's say 20$ into this account - you ALREADY SPENT 20$.

Blizzard does not give a damn if you spent this VIRTUAL currency immediately or never.

They already got money - mission acomplished.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 7:41PM (Unverified) said

@smartstep : yeah it's like buying a gift certificate from a shop. Shop gets your money immediately, and doesn't have to actually give a good or service in return until the person you give the gift certificate to comes in to redeem it. Which may be never - I seem to recall reading that quite a high percentage of gift certificates are never used, making 100% profit for the retailer.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 8:32PM (Unverified) said

What's the advantage to players with having a Balance account now? When you're wheeling and dealing with real money in D3, sure. But now? You can do everything right now that a Balance account would do, with the advantage of still possessing your money.

The advantage for Blizzard is obvious, as stated above. Put money into your Balance account, Blizzard now has 100% of your money like a gift certificate.

One Shots: Hello, autumn