Posted: Feb 7th 2012 11:33PM pcgneurotic said

I would sooo love to try this, but I'm plagued by the 'stuck at blue phial' loading bug. It'd be awesome if they could fix that somehow.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 11:31AM (Unverified) said

@pcgneurotic

Same I can't load in since '07 or so.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 11:52PM (Unverified) said

Make sure windows firewall isn't blocking it.. I sat there for like 15 minutes before realizing it was asking for access in the background.. Haha. After that it went pretty quick!

These changes aren't live yet anyways. But I went ahead and resubbed for the heck of it, as this was my first love in the MMO world. I did play UO before that though... But AC got me fully hooked to MMO's. :)

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 8:52AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
How do I get rid of being unverified? I'm logged in and didn't see anything on my account to get rid of it. :(

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 1:24PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Not too many easy answers on this question:

1) Try a different browser.

2) Log out and log in through the Massively website. Don't use Joystiq or the others.

3) Inverse or #2, log in on WoWInsider and come to Massively (Have not tried that).

I think there are other ways, but I forget.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 1:44AM kimowar said

this was my first and still one of my favorite mmos, most people claiming to be hardcore pvpers today would not of made it on the darktide server, good times being an anti.... good times, still have my screenshot of me and my friend killing blood when he rebought back his account, good times

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 2:45AM Amusednow said

As a proud Aluvian spec'ed UA'er I say bah to the dropping of racial skills. Hated being saddled with dagger, tried swords but always went back to UA. On the otherhand oh what a wet dream dual wielding would be if I still played this. Would I give up a shield to buzz through mobs even faster, oh hell yeah. Ahhhh the good old days when mara was a fresh island and aerie was new to explore slowly expanding out as you ran into all the new mobs they added. Oh hello mr coral golem lets see what you do...oh crap...a cave full of nobles why yes I have a couple of hours to spend with my back to wall collecting salvage.

Dam wish they really did a true to the mechanics AC3 sandbox style game sometime soon.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 4:12AM kimowar said

@Amusednow
dude I was actually one of the og extreme UA'ers,to the point where each of us was an experiment to see whose format was the way to go, and my toon quickly became my main. man its been like 9-10 years since I visited dereth, I want to go back but I would have to set up a new account and dont want to be so many years behind a game like ac

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 11:07AM SnarlingWolf said

Freeing up the racials finally allows people to pick the race they visually want instead of the race that has the best racial skills. A good move for sure.

These changes are big, but when you look at the last ~ 2 years of AC they don't seem nearly as big as they have been added and improving things like crazy.

New playable races (with Lugians coming soon).
New hunting areas
Luminance which is a spendable and refillable xp
Tailoring which let's you physically take the look off of one piece of armor and stick it on another (back before most other games jumped on that bandwagon).
They upped all the creature xp
Upped all the quest xp
They added extra guidance for new players to get in and level quickly.
The list just goes on and on really.

They've been doing a lot with the game and it is certainly worth jumping back in if you were ever a fan in the past.

The Think Tank: Thoughts on PAX East 2014