Posted: Feb 4th 2012 10:13AM Kaahn Stewart said

Star Trek Online here. FFFFFFFFFFFFFF THIS GAME IS SO GOOD WHY DIDN'T I PLAY IT BEFORE...

I just hope maintenance ends quickly; I've missed the Mirror event all week because of work, and running it would put me at 40. I want my DSSV. D:

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 10:28AM Lenn said

@djodars Is that your own twisted way of saying "congrats, Rubi, on landing what must undoubtedly be a dream job for you"?

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 10:38AM tleytek said

i would have thought at least one of them would be trying out the EU TERA sneak peek that is this weekend xP

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:04AM Rhodanum said

@tleytek

Not a particularly good idea. I've been alternating between growling at the monitor, snarling and cursing for the past three hours, because nothing has managed to even get me in the game so far, much less connect me to a server.

Stress test or no stress test, it seems ridiculous to me to have only TWO servers when you knew how many people had either pre-ordered or managed to snag a beta key....

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:10AM Braiks said

@Rhodanum Cursing for servers having problems in the first beta test? You must be one patient man.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:22AM Rhodanum said

@Braiks

I wasn't really expecting smooth sailing, but this is at the other end of the scale altogether.

I think what annoys me most in the whole thing is that this is largely the only test I can take part in until April -- all the other weekends are smack-dab in the middle of my work shift, so it's either now or who knows when else.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 8:06PM Cyroselle said

@Rhodanum I'm with you! There are few things that set my teeth on edge as much as simply not being able to connect... it just drives me insane! I will do tracert after tracert trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Some development teams are better about communication than others. Trion's beta team for instance was actually pretty good about this and had frequent twitter updates, letting me know it was them, not me. Aion's beta team were nice, and tried their best, but they were more localization in their technical knowledge, so didn't always know what was going on, and that could be frustrating... I can only imagine that it must have been even more frustrating to them!

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 10:43AM Fakeassname said

Anyone else get in on the C9 VIP beta?

it starts in something like 5 hours, I'm DL-ing the client now (since Webzen didn't drop me an email to let me know it was up) ... thank god for not having crappy internet service anymore, should be done with 2-3 hours to spare.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:48AM Fakeassname said

@Fakeassname

make a MMO for $30 mill? nahhhh ..... however I could make a $10 mill game while the top ten execs in the company walk off with the other $20 mill.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 8:16PM Cyroselle said

@Fakeassname Holy Cow! Continent of the 9 is actually making its way here?

Thanks for the info!

I originally began following development for that game about 3 years ago, but figuring it would never make its way out of KR, my interest waned.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 10:59AM MMOaddict said

Bouncing around between WoW, STO, Vangaurd, DDO and Lotro as the SWTOR bug has left my system and left me feeling woozie. Not really happy with any of the above but they are better than nothing. I think I'm spending more time watching youtube vids of GW2 and ArcheAge than anything else lately.

Was going to try C9 but saw that it's heavily instanced like Vindictus so I'll pass on that.

For $30 mil, I'd call Red Eagle Studios and see if I could work with them on getting the Wheel of Time mmorpg out the gate ASAP. I can imagine that lore/setting with the game mechanics, some not all, of ArcheAge and can even use the beautiful Cryengine 3. Except character models would be western, not eastern.

Posted: Feb 5th 2012 5:08AM Fakeassname said

@MMOaddict

don't sell it short, it's not as pretty as Vindictus but it's everything that Vindictus should have been.

the game is a blast!

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:16AM JohnD212 said

Been playing Ryzom lately. Definitely better than I expected.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:25AM Lenn said

@djodars You sure know how to piss on someone's parade.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:28AM Balraw said

Well I guess that's one way to ensure you get into the beta Rubi :) Good luck in your new dream job. Can I have an invite please? *wink*

As for mmo's over the weekend probably RIFT & EQ2. I expect after this coming Tuesday I will be lost from mmo's or at least severely limited for a little bit while I see what is possible with the Skyrim creation kit. Genuinely excited and I have a few ideas that I want to explore with it.

As for the bonus question $30 mil for a fully fleshed out and working mmo .... hmm .... I would like to say yes but the honest answer is probably not unless someone is willing to give me $30 mil for coming up with concepts or fresh ideas :)

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:36AM (Unverified) said

This weekend I'll be seeing my sister and her newly born daughter, baww. And then to add onto the cuteness, I'll be watching the Puppy Bowl on Sunday because that's all that matters that day. :3

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 8:13PM Cyroselle said

@(Unverified) Squeee?

That sounds fun! What channel is that on, since I don't have anything to watch this Sunday, not being a big sports fan.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:44AM Irem said

@djodars
Good thing she'll be with ArenaNet, then, since from everything I've heard it's an amazing company to work for. Thanks for taking the time to grace us with your opinion, though.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 12:07PM Sean D said

Take care, Rubi, and best wishes.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 12:17PM Wurm said

Im playing SUN online again. Im level 73 with my elementalist and hope I soon get 75, so can see the next big city and see what they have to offer.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM