Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 11:20AM Everfaust said

• 1 heart
Hmm, so.. they're selling power.. in a subscription based game.

NEAT!?

lol, jk.. this news has actually exploded across the forums since
yesterday.. causing mass rage quits ~ both from people that look
at this and see the B2W mechanic.. and those that say wakfu isn't
ready for launch.. so why should they pay for a game that's still in
beta?

Check out the forums or watch this vid: http://youtu.be/puzXBoHvb_c ~ if you'd like to know more.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 12:04PM Joshua Przygocki said

Screw the haters. I'm going for 6 months because I like Wakfu.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:16PM (Unverified) said

@Joshua Przygocki

Hell yeah, same here. My only problem is which package to pick. I was going to do the 1 yr for the savings, but I sorta like the Bow Meow of the 3 mo deal better. Not sure if I could buy both and get both pets or how they handle that. Either way I can't wait for the 29th.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 12:06PM Breadroll said

Does this show signs that there won't be a wipe before release at the end of the month? It seems like they probably won't if they are having people drop cash now.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 12:37PM Breadroll said

@Professer

I get what you're saying about having to wipe a sandbox, but they just had a wipe before going into open beta in early Jan. Before this seemed to wipe fairly regularly and spoke about wiping. This time, for open beta, (a rather short open beta too, especially compared to how long closed was,) they haven't said a word about a wipe. I'm certainly not ruling it out, it just seems more unlikely when they have been moderately transparent about wipes in the past.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 12:49PM Shirogetsune said

I thought they had already set the precedent of giving you items with your sub price with their first game, Dofus. A quick look at their website confirms this.

So... what's the big deal again?

I think of it as other game's veteran rewards, a "thank you" for subbing. But I suppose people will complain about *anything.*

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:06PM Joshua Przygocki said

@Shirogetsune Thank you. Seriously, I really want to enjoy this game, and it's annoying as hell seeing every other comment about it be super negative.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 1:50PM Lenn said

@Professer You okay?

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:59PM DevilSei said

• 1 heart
You know, I was interested in playing a F2P title like it was advertised. Not some thinly veiled instant-freemium title with a subscribe-to-win philosophy.

So I'm gonna follow "Akuna Ma-tata", and have no worries about uninstalling it. I had fun with it in short bursts, but seeing as the only way to even progress through the game is to subscribe, its an instant-no for me.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 6:09PM scfs123 said

"free-to-play title. "
o.O? Thought it was purely sub based

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 7:09PM ndessell said

@scfs123
it is, but they tried to pull the f2p fast one like wow and rifts with an unlimited trial period. Half the back lash is from people reading the "f2p" restrictions and instantly knowing that its a Giant lie, you basically locked in tutorial and useless training area.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 9:17PM scfs123 said

@ndessell ah, thankies for clarification.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 10:37PM wagenman said

I don't care what they do. I paid for a year without a second thought. I love the world they have created. If you haven't seen the tv show you're missing out.

The art is fantastic and the art director is a personal favorite of mine. I've purchased many of Ankama's books and I take pride in supporting their work on Wakfu.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 11:22PM Wensbane said

@wagenman

Yeah, the TV show is pretty good. Ruel makes me laugh so hard...

As for the 1-year pack, I think it's a great deal. I really want that Bow Meow though, so I guess I'll be getting the 3-month subscription instead.