Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 10:44PM DeadlyAccurate said

Does this game have a free trial? I looked on their website and didn't see anything. This is interesting to me, but I'd have to try the game out before I'd consider shelling out cash.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 3:39AM Hipster said

A couple months ago they didnt. You have to purchase it (I think it was $39.00) and then you get 30 days free. For me it was very fun for a month or 2 setting up your camp/trbe and crafting. After that I wondered what I was doing all this for. All in all I didnt mind paying the $40 for 2 months of fun. Great resource system in the game too.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 4:54AM Gaugamela said

@Hipster

And at least if it now gains popularity you can say that you played it before it was cool. ;)

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 4:55AM Gaugamela said

In the construction part this game seems to allow for a bit of flexibility a la Minecraft. Seems like an interesting game.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 7:04AM pid said

Was in beta. Main problem is the UI because where you would expect drag and drop icons and informative tooltips it just has lists of text labels to select from. forget about modern UIs like WoW accustomed us to, this is more like a text-based DOS game.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 7:15AM TitusGroan said

It would be great if Xsyon picked up some speed and started to flourish. The game has a lot of interesting feature,s and the planned content looks awesome, but back when I played it it suffered from horrible lag, a lack of things to do and an overall lack of polish.

Also, the dev couldn't make up his mind about the direction the game should take, especially concerning PvP and tribal warfare.

I hope that has changed and that Xsyon grows into a great sandbox some day.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 8:46AM Loopy said

It looks like a really interesting game, but i'm not sure why they're not offering any free trial. I can't justify dropping $40 for an indy game that may or may not interest me.

Posted: Feb 13th 2012 12:56PM BasmatiJoh said

It's awesome to see Xyson gives the flexibility to actually 'dig into' the environment to craft your own foundations. It's rare that you see an MMO implement building that sounds as in-depth as the Sims.

Great read, MJ :)